Chris Bogert
Japan
Amagasaki
Hyogo
flag msg tools
badge
http://chrisbogert.wixsite.com/chaturanga-family
mbmbmbmbmb
Hurray! The game arrived a few days ago and I got to play it for the first time (2 times actually) today.

Components: Are excellent and the art is great.

Gameplay: Had a few rules questions at first, but they all seemed to be in the rulebook, or checking the forum. Didn't take long to figure out.
Quite simple rules really.

So, after getting slaughtered my first game, I had all the rules down.
My second game, although ending in the death of my entire crew.. was quite fun. I managed to barely hang on all the way to Aeaea, where I stocked up on rations.. then headed out to sea and lost my last 2 crew..

I like a tough game and this seems fairly tough, although I've only played a few times so far.

Love the theme, actually backed it entirely on the theme, hoping it was a good game.. glad I backed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice list of your first impressions.

The journey is going to be the same every game, so it's just as well that the game has a high difficulty and throws in some variation with the various events and the option to have different crew each game.

The game is just gorgeous to look at on the table - a really superb homage to the legend of Jason, the Argonauts and the Golden Fleece. I'm going to enjoy it every time I get the game out to play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a beautiful game and the art is gorgeous, and yes the standard hard difficulty definitely poses a challenge. It's a great game to break out with my little one as we both love the film and the gameplay is light enough but with interesting decision-making. Very pleased with it! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with all the above comments. I haven't reached by home yet but I've enjoyed every play. It's a gorgeous game and one that will have a home on my shelves and table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy williams
Australia
Ferntree Gully
victoria
flag msg tools
mb
Turned up today in the post, played it with my youngest - fantastic game! Soo... much fun!
!! Also hats off to Alcyon my game arrived packed in an excellent fashion,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.