Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance FFG would ever move to "complete" minis for their games?

I've been interested in this game since Day 1 but not at the cost of assembling the minis.

Used copies with assembled minis are pretty far between, with most being assembled and painted, driving the cost up too high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI: FFG = Fantasy Flight Games. FFP = Flying Frog Productions.

FFP uses assembled (or more accurately, single piece) minis for their other game lines. I believe the SoB are unassembled by design, to allow for greater flexibility in model design and more dynamic posing.

I have no idea what the cost differential is to have minis assembled at the factory but, given that FFP has said over and over that this game is costing more than they expected, it seems very unlikely they will change the SoB minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper Miniatures said they paid a penny per miniature to be assembled and glued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N TY
msg tools
I was also initially turned off from having to assemble the mini's, but eventually gave in and bought the game. Turns out, the assembly part was quite fun and enjoyable. Give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benzoidite wrote:
I was also initially turned off from having to assemble the mini's, but eventually gave in and bought the game. Turns out, the assembly part was quite fun and enjoyable. Give it a try.

Been down that road before - it never got "fun"

Now, if I could find a service in China that would assemble and paint my minis for pennies a piece, I'd be all over that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.