Popular Tags: [View All]
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On some of the Darkness cards, in the Event step of the card, it can direct you to spawn something eg a captain.

I can't see in the rules what to do in this situation if there is no lair. I know you ignore the Spawn step if there is no lair but do you ignore all other spawn commands (unless it stipulates somewhere else for it to spawn)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seidelmx seidelmx
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drjmcmillan wrote:
On some of the Darkness cards, in the Event step of the card, it can direct you to spawn something eg a captain.

I can't see in the rules what to do in this situation if there is no lair. I know you ignore the Spawn step if there is no lair but do you ignore all other spawn commands (unless it stipulates somewhere else for it to spawn)?

If not lair, no spawn, ignore all spawns.

But if the text says: "appear", summon the captain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Spawn is a word exclusively linked to lairs. So no lair means no spawn.

When they use any other word to add enemies, than you always do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
I think in those 'apear'cases it says something like 'at the edge of the tile closest to the hero with the most threat'.
So thats pretty clear...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuthailion wrote:
I think in those 'apear'cases it says something like 'at the edge of the tile closest to the hero with the most threat'.
So thats pretty clear...

Sometimes, it just says something like: if there are so many minions, then place a captain (or mini-boss).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.