4 Posts

Suburbia» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red lines when taking points for reputation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike James
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a player moves past a red line when taking points at the end of a turn for reputation, is the player supposed to move reputation and income back immediately or take all the points then move the markers based on how many lines are crossed?

Example: I have a reputation of 10 which causes me to move past two red lines. Do I take 10 points then move the markers back two spaces? Or do I take eight points, moving the markers back as I take points?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a reputation of 10 you move your population marker 10 spaces. After you've moved the marker you count the number of red lines you've crossed. Then you adjust your income and reputation markers accordingly.

You don't "take points". Your position on the population track records your points. People are points!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand your question correctly, then the former idea is correct. You collect your income, advance your population by 10 spaces, then move your reputation and income back by two spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike James
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm glad to know we were playing correctly. That was the only rule in the book I was unclear on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.