Rus
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chapter 2a has a few tiles "connected by water". I am confused about what this means exactly in terms of game mechanics. For example:

1. If a leaf lands on a water space, it is supposed to be immediately carried by the current. If it lands on the last water space of a tile, is it then immediately moved to the next tile? Or does the above rule only apply to currents within a single tile?

2. If the next tile is unexplored, what is the right way for a mouse to get to the next tile?
(a) move (or scurry) into this new tile (triggering an explore).
(b) use the explore action?
(c) the only way is to let the water current carry a mouse into the next tile. (IIRC, that was the rule in S&R).

3. Same question as 2, but if the new tile is already explored.

The rules (p. 20 of DT) seem so suggest 2c and 3a, but the terminology is ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leafs in water (boats) move at the end of a round. They move 1 space in the direction of the current, or 2 if it's raining.

If this means it moves off a tile onto the next one, then yes it just goes onto the next space.
The whole 'connected by water' thing means you treat all the water as one ongoing path.

You don't need the explore action when tiles are connected by water, because getting pushed by the current is involuntary.
However you could swim (move/scurry) onto the next tile by yourself, to speed things up.

Once a leaf boat with 1 or more mice, or a 'swimming' mouse goes onto the next tile, it does work like exploring a new tile: new encounter card, etc.
If it's an already explored tile, if memory serves (I don't have the DT book here with me) it differs per chapter. Often the minions on the first tile stay there while new ones are added on the second, and they can move from the first to the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.