6 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gaarkhan's Rage Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SlyFox
msg tools
mb
"After an attack targeting you is resolved, if you suffered 3 or more damage, you become focused."

1. Does this mean every time Gaarkhan suffers 3 damage after an attack he gets focused (once per activation)?

2. Or does this mean that Gaarkhan becomes focused only once per mission after suffering 3 damage after a single attack?

3. Or does this mean that Gaarkhan becomes focused only after he suffers 3 damage from a single attack when his health is at full and goes down from maximum?

Also, if a stormtrooper squad attack Gaarkhan and he suffered 3 or more damage from a combined attack of a deployment card but from multiple figures, does Gaarkhan become focused or does a single stormtrooper figure has to make 3 damage or more?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gienger
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After every attack on Gaarkhan it is checked if he suffered 3 mb during this attack. If he did he becomes Focused. It does not matter if he was at full health before the attack.

The only exception is if he becomes wounded during this attack, then he lost the Rage skill before it triggers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SlyFox
msg tools
mb
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is difference between "has suffered" (how many damage tokens he has on his sheet) and "suffers / suffered" (how many damage tokens were added by the attack). See Damage from the RRG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ringlstetter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But keep in mind that you can't get focused if you are already focused. You can never get the same condition twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Rodrigues
Brazil
Guarulhos
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
There is difference between "has suffered" (how many damage tokens he has on his sheet) and "suffers / suffered" (how many damage tokens were added by the attack). See Damage from the RRG.

you know, I've always played the right way, checking after every attack targetting him and then if he suffered 3 or more damage in this specific attack he would trigger Rage. However I was double checking the rules for a new campaign I'm starting today and that section on damage in RRG got me confused.

I started to think that after Gaarkhan had 3 damage in his hero sheet, he would always trigger Rage after each attack targetting him.

It is a good thing that you are already clarifying this issue. Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.