Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awful! Lots of expansions are now available in Retail and me as a backer didn't get 1 of them. Has someone of all backers out there already got anything beside of the 2 core game boxes?
Can someone of FFP inform us backers, the ones who believed in your game and supported it in the first place, when we will get our stuff?

It's issues like this that make me want to give up on Kickstarter!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Arnone
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
This is awful! Lots of expansions are now available in Retail and me as a backer didn't get 1 of them. Has someone of all backers out there already got anything beside of the 2 core game boxes?
Can someone of FFP inform us backers, the ones who believed in your game and supported it in the first place, when we will get our stuff?

Have you tried actually looking at the KS updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have you payed extra for wave 1.5? If so, you get your stuff sooner, but had to pay another 120-something dollars and taxes. If not, you have to wait (like me) until Dec 2016 ... with the usual delays Mid 2017 I would guess.
But that´s just my personal opinion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid Rain
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
randomnickname wrote:
Have you payed extra for wave 1.5? If so, you get your stuff sooner, but had to pay another 120-something dollars and taxes. If not, you have to wait (like me) until Dec 2016 ... with the usual delays Mid 2017 I would guess.
But that´s just my personal opinion...

December 2016 even seems a bit optimistic to me given how much is expected from wave 1.5 versus how much is still left for Wave 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:

So good you had to post it twice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, FFP bit off a huge mouthful with this game, and probably need to ensure it's a profitable success throughout it's creation.

As backers, we've already given them a large cash injection to get stuff going, and they took a big hit on shipping, meaning they probably don't have as much left of that as they'd hoped for all the expansion material.

They won't get any more money shipping our stuff earlier, so they are holding it all back until 2017 (because every delivery has been late, so best to assume the pattern holds) and taking one more hit on shipping.

In the meantime, they are choosing to sell their expansion material to regular customers, because they will pay more money for it, including actual shipping costs, so FFP will be able to build up some profit buffer to absorb the extra shipping costs that they need to get themselves out of their kickstarter obligations.

Of course, wave 1.5 shipping has been offered at eye-watering rates (e.g. if YOU take the shipping hit for us, then of course we can send you some fo the stuff you helped back).

It's a reasonable financial move for the short to medium term - they offered a bargain on KS, and are spending 1-2 years selling that stuff first to other people before we can have our copies, so that they still make money.

Of course, long term, that means I'll never touch a single KS project they do - they made a mistake with their financial calculations (or, even worse, always intended to give backers their material last) and are making us wait rather than take a bigger hit for their mistake.

As a personal extra kick to the guts, I'm an Australian backer, and they stuffed up shipping the original wave, meaning we got our games 4-5 months later than everyone else. So my love of FFP has faded hard from the poor delivery they have made on this heavy investment (I went ALL IN) of mine. And what's more, they never apologise for any of it - they mentioned shipping costs were high a couple of times, but that was presenting an excuse only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had contacted them on Kickstarter as well and in the meantime they've sent a response, explaining that they offered the expansions at too low rates and it would cost them at this moment too much money to send it to the backers. But when will it ever be sent them? When will there be a financial boost which could make them decide to ship it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
But when will it ever be sent them? When will there be a financial boost which could make them decide to ship it?

Don't worry. The financial boost, aka. cash flow, are the retail sales. Retailers typically do not pay for product until it's (close to) ready to ship. This is the cash infusion the creator is looking for, so they have the funds to ship product.

Unfortunately, this happens often in crowdfunded "First Created" projects. Aliens vs. Predators and Robotech have this problem as well. "Renders are not miniatures" is another guideline I sort of follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.