Subject: Tears of Lys Effect and Bran's Cancel rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik R
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
What part of the Tears of Lys card is the effect? And when does Bran cancel the effect at A. or B. My gaming group played it at A., where Bran cancels the placement of the poison token is this correct. Because we felt thats where the effect would Initiate (begin).

Tears of Lys
Reaction: After you win an intrigue challenge as the attacking player, place a poison token on a character without an intrigue icon controlled by the losing opponent. At the end of the phase, if that character still has the poison token, remove it and kill that character. (Max 1 per challenge.)

A. Place a poison token on a character without an intrigue icon controlled by the losing opponent.

- or -

B. At the end of the phase, if that character still has the poison token, remove it and kill that character. (Max 1 per challenge.)

Bran Stark
Interrupt: When the effects of an opponent's event would initiate, sacrifice Bran Stark to cancel those effects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, you're correct. Bran's Interrupt ability cancels the effect of Tears. So "A" never happens.

The effect of the "Tears of Lys" is all the printed text, except for the "Poison" trait. See the definition of, "Effects" on page 7 of the Rules Reference. Also see, "Interrupts" on page 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks, Barry. I did read the effect rule multiple times, I just wasn't 100% sure after reading it, where the effect part on Tears of Lys started. Thanks again for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.