badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing as Barbarian.

I was looking at a big loss, with scores on my turn at:

Magician 4
Guerrilla 4
Zombie 3
Barbarian 2

I win my first encounter of the turn, bringing me to 3. At this point I see the potential of a shared victory, if everything works out correctly. My second encounter was against Zombie, and I negotiate a deal so we can both get to 4 foreign colonies.

Everyone is now tied, and it's Zombie's turn. Before her turn begins, I ask if she'd negotiate for a shared win if she draws my color for her encounter, since Magician and Guerrilla had ganged up on both of us earlier in the game. Her face tells me she doesn't have another negotiate card in her small hand, so I play Hand Zap. Drawing a new hand, it's likely she has a negotiate card now.

I beg loudly for Zombie to turn my color (or the largest hand Special) in the destiny draw so we can negotiate again for the shared win... it's not however.

So I play Dictator to force a redraw... it's my color! I ask if she wants to negotiate. Boom! Shared win, coming from last place! Even knowing she could have backstabbed me and played an attack, it was still my best shot. The gamble certainly paid off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Gottlieb
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds amazing. I love stories like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emme
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet come from behind win! Thanks for sharing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.