Popular Tags: [View All]
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Path of Greatness allows you to learn magician powers without meeting their fame threshold.

If you learn that power, then learn a power of level 36 fame, then replace Path of Greatness, you would maintain the level 36 power (assuming it still has the required shards assigned to it), correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would opine that it is incorrect. Once replaced, the Power is no longer in effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I compare it to the following: If you learn a level 16 trick, then have to spend fame points to pay your workers and end up with less than 16, you wouldn't unlearn the trick. Similarly if you have 3 components on your manager's board (acting as 4), prepare a trick with them, then exchange the components on your manager's board, you wouldn't have to return the prepared trick markers.

Path of Greatness allow you to ignore the fame rating when you learn (ie place) magician powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules on page 21 clearly state the conditions needed to place a Power card. The only condition listed in the rules on when a Power has to be removed is when there are not enough Trickerion Shards in that specific slot.

waleslie wrote:
If you learn that power, then learn a power of level 36 fame, then replace Path of Greatness, you would maintain the level 36 power (assuming it still has the required shards assigned to it), correct?

I have used 'Path of Greatness' before, though I do not remember the exact wording, and did play it in the same way. I see no reason to remove the newly learned Power card after 'Path of Greatness' is removed.

Though it may be worth mentioning that since the rulebook mentiones "If a slot already has a Power placed next to it, you must return it to your hand before placing a new Power there." it seems unlikely that 'Path of Greatness' can be replaced with this 36 Threshold Power card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GhundiPI wrote:
Though it may be worth mentioning that since the rulebook mentiones "If a slot already has a Power placed next to it, you must return it to your hand before placing a new Power there." it seems unlikely that 'Path of Greatness' can be replaced with this 36 Threshold Power card.

I would agree. My example was:
Round 1) Place Path of Greatness
Round 2) Place higher level threshold power
Round 3) Replace Path of Greatness with another level 1 power
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.