Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order for this game at my local FLGS sometime in early November I think. No sign of it being in stock at the supplier.

Should I give up? This was supposed to be an Xmas gift for a birder friend but it seems that if you missed the kickstarter, you've missed the boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nothing Sacred Games
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
The game should be available! It's definitely available online at the Nothing Sacred Shop (though admittedly with high international shipping, unfortunately), but it should be available through distribution as well. I'm sorry Christmas is past, but I'll check in with my distribution guy and make sure it's available in Canada!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like one of our distributor partners in Canada may not have stock. If you tell us who the retailer is, we can follow up with them to figure out the disconnect.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
Impressions Game Distribution Services.
aldo@impressionsadv.net

dreadknot69 wrote:
I placed an order for this game at my local FLGS sometime in early November I think. No sign of it being in stock at the supplier.

Should I give up? This was supposed to be an Xmas gift for a birder friend but it seems that if you missed the kickstarter, you've missed the boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wingnut wrote:
Sounds like one of our distributor partners in Canada may not have stock. If you tell us who the retailer is, we can follow up with them to figure out the disconnect.

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
aldo@impressionsadv.net

dreadknot69 wrote:

Thanks for the quick replies guys! My FLGS connection is www.WoodForSheep.ca

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That's Nathan I believe. They have contacted us in the past saying the same thing about other clients. They use Lion Rampant, and in the end, its about WFS pushing Lion to put items on back order if Lion does not have them in stock.

In this case, I can actually see that Lion chose not to order...that's quite odd. I will check with Lion, but again, if a retailer pushes their distributor enough, the distributor will order since we ship a lot to Lion already its just easy for them to add even "1" of a game.

Best,
Aldo

dreadknot69 wrote:
Wingnut wrote:

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
aldo@impressionsadv.net

dreadknot69 wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wingnut wrote:
That's Nathan I believe. They have contacted us in the past saying the same thing about other clients. They use Lion Rampant, and in the end, its about WFS pushing Lion to put items on back order if Lion does not have them in stock.

In this case, I can actually see that Lion chose not to order...that's quite odd. I will check with Lion, but again, if a retailer pushes their distributor enough, the distributor will order since we ship a lot to Lion already its just easy for them to add even "1" of a game.

Best,
Aldo

dreadknot69 wrote:
Wingnut wrote:

Best,
Aldo Ghiozzi
Owner
aldo@impressionsadv.net

dreadknot69 wrote:

Hi, yes, Nathan is one of the owners of WFS. I'll send him your reply and see if he can add some pressure to get the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel Morrill
msg tools
I am also a fellow Canadian and i found it on Amazon .com (the american version). I was able to order it and is currently on the way to my house right now. Yes you have to pay a little extra due to shipping costs but i believe the total was 17 dollars! not a bad deal. I could not find it anywhere elsesoblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lboogey wrote:
I am also a fellow Canadian and i found it on Amazon .com (the american version). I was able to order it and is currently on the way to my house right now. Yes you have to pay a little extra due to shipping costs but i believe the total was 17 dollars! not a bad deal. I could not find it anywhere elsesoblue

Thanks for the heads up. I sure am jumping through hoops just to buy a gift for a co-worker birder friend! Anyway, 17.95 + 7.95 USD with conversion comes to 36.95 CAD. Too rich for my blood unfortunately.

I'll see if it's available next year at Christmas time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Always know for any game they can be special ordered. I know it can take awhile sometimes, but so many of these retailers and distributors are not bringing in games like they used to because there are tons of them out there. So, if you don't see it on your favorite online retailer, they can categorically get the game, its just if they'll go through the hoops for you.

Best,
Aldo

dreadknot69 wrote:
Lboogey wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I sure am jumping through hoops just to buy a gift for a co-worker birder friend! Anyway, 17.95 + 7.95 USD with conversion comes to 36.95 CAD. Too rich for my blood unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wingnut wrote:
Always know for any game they can be special ordered. I know it can take awhile sometimes, but so many of these retailers and distributors are not bringing in games like they used to because there are tons of them out there. So, if you don't see it on your favorite online retailer, they can categorically get the game, its just if they'll go through the hoops for you.

Best,
Aldo

dreadknot69 wrote:
Lboogey wrote:

That's the trouble I'm having! The store I have ordered from, can't place an order with the distributor because they haven't ordered it! He's asked them to, but no go. Very frustrating. I've technically had the game on order since November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aldo Ghiozzi
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
So, that is odd because the two big distributors in Canada - Lion Rampant and Universal - have both ordered it...it has to be available to your retailer unless they're only ordering from Everest...

Best,
Aldo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wingnut wrote:
So, that is odd because the two big distributors in Canada - Lion Rampant and Universal - have both ordered it...it has to be available to your retailer unless they're only ordering from Everest...

Best,
Aldo

Ok, I'll ask again.

Interesting name, Lion Rampant. That's the same name of a miniatures game I recently started playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.