Popular Tags: [View All]
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As CGE hasn't bothered to answer my question I shall ask it also here:

does someone know if I want to have the app on more than one device I own then I need to buy it separately for each?

A related question: is it possible to play 'local' multiplayer games somehow? Thinking holiday/traveling (I have the Anniversary Edition + Missions + some fan-made ship boards > very big and heavy box...)

Thx!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Android when you buy the game in the Google Play store, you can install it on all your devices (i.e. devices listed/paired with your Google Play account).

This should be the same for iOS I guess, but never had an iOS device myself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since in played, but I recall it having a turn based local multiplayer option. Don't think it has the realtime option for 2p on one device though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Lj
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have 2 ipads, both tied to my Apple Store account. I can download on both. If you have 2 ipads and they are tied to different Store accounts, you'd have to buy on each.

You can probably log out/log in type thing, but I've never messed with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the replies, everybody.

I guess you can't do that across platforms, do you? (like iOS and Android)

Although I know games (e.g. Star Realms) where you can use the app on all the platforms if you bought it for any one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Briere
Canada
Sherbrooke
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kolok wrote:

No, indeed... If you buy it on Android, you'll have to rebuy it on iOS.

I think Star Realms is free, and that is why you can easily use it on both platform.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bknightsb wrote:
kolok wrote:

No, indeed... If you buy it on Android, you'll have to rebuy it on iOS.

I think Star Realms is free, and that is why you can easily use it on both platform.

Thx!

Star Realms is only free with reduced functionality. If you want to play online, want to have a better AI you have to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
But I imagine that transaction takes place within the app.

Actually, I'm surprised Apple or Google even allows that. I thought they got a chuck of in-app transactions as well, so it seems odd they'd let you pay for an in-app transaction on one platform and still honor it on the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:

Actually, I'm surprised Apple or Google even allows that. I thought they got a chuck of in-app transactions as well, so it seems odd they'd let you pay for an in-app transaction on one platform and still honor it on the other.

Google cares less about generating revenue this way. Apple has historically been more of a stickler for not allowing people to monetize their apps outside of the App Store, but has occasionally made exceptions; they do have some competitive pressure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:

I am surprised as well, I thought this was not possible. But I think the workaround is the in-app purchase system (giving the base app for free and then relying on the Store Kit rather than charging for the initial purchase, which I am pretty sure can't be shared across platforms). Apple makes the developer responsible (under certain scenarios) for getting an App Store receipt, and then restoring from your own server as per the receipt, to restore in-app purchases. If you ignore a receipt and just restore from your server as per your records, then that would also work. But I am not sure Apple would not pull the app if they found out you did it that way, as it's bypassing the Apple 30% collection system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.