War of the Ring: Warriors of Middle-earth» Forums » General

Subject: Release Date?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
michael edwards
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Anyone know when this will release? It was somewhat slated for November of last year, but so far I have not been able to find anything else out =(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In Time
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an e-mail last night with this exact question I'll tell u what they say when I hear
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael edwards
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Cool man, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reeves
United States
Georgetown
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Ares Games Upcoming Products section of their web site, WoME is not listed for January or February.

http://www.aresgames.eu/upcoming-products

Let us hope that this is not a complete list or is subject to frequent change; otherwise, we all are in for a longer wait than we thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Kester
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really am sad that the release has been pushing up. Late last summer there were rumors it would be fall/early winter and now with no word yet I'm worried it won't come by spring.

Granted, I have the AE coming in spring so it would be good timing for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaon V
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From their facebook page, on the 7th January:

Ares Games wrote:
We don't have the official release date yet. Look for it in our "Upcoming Games" section soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been consistent delays with Wings of Glory and Sails of Glory releases. Those of us engaged in those games have learned not to think too much about upcoming releases until we have them in our hands. Ares produces excellent products, but the release of those products are on the company's timetable. You will keep your sanity and a measure of pleased-with-product if you put upcoming releases on your radar and then move on, practically forgetting about them until they're released. I'm not excusing Ares, but that is just the way it is; as I teach my students, the best indicator of future behavior is past behavior.

If you wonder about my attitude towards Ares, I am a fan. I am an administrator on two websites dedicated to Wings and Sails of Glory, run the Sails of Glory games at Origins, have volunteered at the Ares booth at Origins, own most of their games, and have participated in Ares' Kickstarters. I simply ignore projected release dates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Battle of Five Armies was delayed, as was War of the Ring: Lords of Middle-earth before that, so I'm not surprised that War of the Ring: Warriors of Middle-earth is also not out by the original estimated release date. I'm not complaining though, each of their entries to the WotR line has been remarkably polished, with little need for errata, and no print wide component errors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed...but we wants it yessss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad. 2015 was brutal on my wallet. I need a break from all these blockbuster titles.

Besides, I can never bring myself to add anything in to WotR anyway. It's just too good as is. I haven't even cracked LoME, even after having it more than a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Toxic
United Kingdom
Belper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Open LoME you won't regret it, never played without it since. Never bothered with the alternative game start though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
"Yeah, yeah...I know...y-you're Bane. But you...I think you...forgot...
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Porkins_ wrote:
Agreed...but we wants it yessss.

YESSSSSS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In Time
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys they sent me back a message that said "there will be news soon on our website regarding warriors of middle earth. Thank you for your interest."

So not sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing substantive to add. Just wanted to add a third Justin to this thread.

So somebody convince me to buy War of the Ring already! Was there a particular gameplay video or review that convinced you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
JJRR_Esq wrote:

So somebody convince me to buy War of the Ring already! Was there a particular gameplay video or review that convinced you?

Ricky Royal convinced me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Hansen
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
inaholeintheground wrote:
JJRR_Esq wrote:

Ricky Royal convinced me

Yeah, that's the best one I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heidebrecht
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JJRR_Esq wrote:

There is nothing better than this on the internet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtswnZqjRZg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heidebrechtluke wrote:
JJRR_Esq wrote:

Wow. This guy does a greeeeat job! "Ocular ecstasy" indeed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Most Recent Word:

Late Spring 2016

http://www.aresgames.eu/16091

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do you think it will be released in many languages at the same time? Or just the english one in spring 2016?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bolles
United States
Brentwood
California
flag msg tools
badge
...I'm Batman!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Constantinople wrote:

The Most Recent Word:

Late Spring 2016

http://www.aresgames.eu/16091

Thanks so much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heidebrechtluke wrote:
JJRR_Esq wrote:

Indeed. WOTR has long been my favorite game, but after I saw this guy's review a while back it just elevated it even higher. I don't know how anyone could see this and not rush out to buy a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathyr
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
heidebrechtluke wrote:
JJRR_Esq wrote:

Indeed. WOTR has long been my favorite game, but after I saw this guy's review a while back it just elevated it even higher. I don't know how anyone could see this and not rush out to buy a copy.

Anyone know where to find the dice he "upgraded" to for the combat dice?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just realized this information was in the main WotR page in the game info section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bamonson wrote:
heidebrechtluke wrote:
JJRR_Esq wrote:

Here's how:
Guy watches video at the recommendation of the helpful BGG community, guy asks wife if she'd be willing to learn and play it, wife asks if game will be complex, guy doesn't immediately lie, wife says no way.

So I have to delay the purchase until I find a new wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin My wife has played me 3 times the only 3 times I've played War Of The Ring and She won every time. I was close the last time on the last step of Mordor. She has never read the rules we played the first time and messed up on somethings and we played the next 2 time and she was amazing.

Also i just went and bought it and didnt tell her about it till she was at the GYM and i setup the game, and she came home and was like when did you get this. BIG SMILE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.