Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

So my last attack that killed the last two crawlers cost 2 AP, this AP moved the darkness meter to 6.

Does a darkness phase happen before the tile is resolved.

Is the tile considered cleared and no darkness phase happens.

If we move to another tile will the darkness meter stay as 6, but any AP we spend move it back around to 1 and the move on.

Quite confused by this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well technically the Darkness phase happens, but since there is no active monster or trap on the tile, you don't draw a card and end the darkness phase.
The AP would be reset to 0 after the Darkness cycle.
If your last attack had increased the AP over 6, than the left-over AP would be applied, so after the skipped Darkness cycle, the AP meter would be at 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mariana crispim
Germany
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Is in the 2.0 rules still no clerification what happened to the Darkness meter when clearing a tile ?

I mean, after clearing a tile you can spend so much AP to trigger the (empty-tile)Darkness, before you go to the next tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the darkness AP goes to 0. There is a recognized period where you have cleared the tile but not gone onto the next one where your movement is doubled and where you can exchange goods freely without being adjacent. So that means to me you can spend time in that phase if you want to, but have to continually spend at least 1 AP (which might be challenging since you cannot attack). If you spent a few turns on the empty tile, going to the next one at a high AP isn't necessarily a plus, though if you're out of threat range on the new tile, then the early trigger of the darkness might not hurt you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I remember, AP doesn't reset when you clear a tile, but traps based on AP reset it when you enter a new tile with such a trap on it...
If you enter a lair tile though, you keep the AP where it was.
The tile transition rule now is all heroes spend all their MPs to get to the first square of the new tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 22 from the 2.0 rulebook.

If there are no enemies, traps, or lairs remaining on a realm tile, the tile is considered to be cleared. When a realm tile is first cleared, players resolve the following steps:

1. Resolve any current quests that are still active of the realm tile.
2. Each hero may choose to reduce his threat to zero.
3. Remove all treasure counters from the realm tile. For each treasure counter removed from the realm tile, the heroes gain 1 gold.
4. Remove all treasure counters from the darkness board.
5. If the tile has a gold value in the legend, the heroes receive that amount of gold.
6. Resolve treasure and gold hoard table rolls.
7. If the tile has a merchant in the legend, the heroes draw and resolve
a merchant card.

In addition to these steps, each hero who begins the hero cycle on a cleared tile may spend his base MP to enter the new realm tile (by placing his figure in a square along the edge of the new realm tile). After all heroes have moved off of a cleared realm tile, it may be removed from the play area. If an enemy ever moves onto a cleared tile, it is no longer considered to be cleared until all enemies on the tile are defeated. Realm tiles only gain rewards from being cleared once.

So the AP will not reset but remain at it's current value and continue to rise as players act.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mariana crispim
Germany
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Well yes, this is how it stands in the rules.

However, lets talk from min/max perspective...

There is absolutly no reason to NOT trigger the drakness in the empty tile, before you go to the next tile. When you play with 3-4 chars someone will allways have a move card that generates 1AP.

But I find this a leak in the rules, it feels like cheating. So that is why I tent to play with the darkness just been "freezed" when you clear the tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play:

If you spend AP to kill the final enemies on the tile and push it to 6 or higher. You still initiate the darkness cycle; draw the darkness card and see if you incur any threat penalties or trigger any events. Events don't usually happen as you usually don't meet the conditions,... or there are not lairs to spawn from (but this could happen),.... but you should pay the price if you go over the threat penalty for sure.

It's easiest to deal with the cleared tile status once this has been resolved. You could even chose to wait for a refresh phase which is where quest results are handled (it seems to make the most sense then).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have to disagree here. In the 2.0 rules it states:

"If there is at least one active monster-type on the realm tile, the players must draw and resolve a darkness card"

This means without monsters, they don't.
And in the unofficial FAQ, it is also stated, that the AP is set to 0
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1138953/unofficial-faq
(this might be only for 1.0 rules)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.