United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
M27 - The DumbBell Nebula - Photographed 10/15/2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
I've tried a few and liked them but just wondering what others thinks give the best playing experience.
What Solo variant do you like best?
Combat Commander “Handless” Solitaire Variant
POUMs CC SOLO variant
Peter's Solo system v2
Solo system to enjoy Combat Commander alone
Solo rules for CCE
Other
Vassal
      30 answers
Poll created by Mondior
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Really requires minimal changes from the 2p version IMO... but I'll check these others out too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
M27 - The DumbBell Nebula - Photographed 10/15/2018
mbmbmbmbmb
My first few Solo plays was just playing a two player game and doing my best for both sides. Played very well but I'm kind of looking for something that has more of an AI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Voted Vassal because it's a lot easier than setting up the physical game when I want to solo. I just play the best for each side and don't look at drawn cards until I need to check for op-fire, ambushes, etc. which someone suggested in a thread here. While I'm sure the solo systems are entertaining I like how I learn about the game when I play both sides at once. I get to think about both sides of scenario instead of just one, and embarrass myself with my consistently poor defensive setups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HEEREN Xavier
Belgium
Liège
Lièe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't like play solo...
I used Vassal only to playtest personal extension or to think about my tournament setup ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always have a ready opponent. I've played a couple of times solo by alternately playing each side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really enjoy Peter's solo variant, but it does need some clarification when your 'opponent' is reaching the end of their deck - since they draw each time they attempt to activate, and leave cards face-up for potential concealment cards, for example, they often end up with nothing to draw for defense rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hassell
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I play both sides to the best of their ability, and I implement a system I developed to play Up Front solo that provides a level of uncertainty over the contents of a side's hand. I've posted the Up Front variant here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1276363/solo-variant-sidebo...

This system works equally well for Combat Commander. As with Up Front, I give each side a sideboard of 3 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.