Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Grieve
Canada
Salmon Arm
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
During setup 6 special buildings are randomly selected and then placed face down. In a full version two player game the town only builds 4 special buildings. Am I doing something wrong or is this just part of the game? I just thought that all six would eventually find their way into the game.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think up to 5 are built in games with more players, and the 6th is so there is always a choice when visiting the Marketplace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
Yeah, I think up to 5 are built in games with more players, and the 6th is so there is always a choice when visiting the Marketplace.

That is correct - for 2 players only 4 special buildings come out, and the max that ever come out are 5. The 6th is there so that there are always two to choose from when you take the action that allows you to look at the special buildings and decide on their order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I don't see why the rule to select six special buildings is there. It seems like there's a variant of this question every couple of months. I feel like the rule only generates confusion.

I just place the whole special buildings deck and that's it. It seems to me the end effect is the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nachof wrote:
Honestly, I don't see why the rule to select six special buildings is there. It seems like there's a variant of this question every couple of months. I feel like the rule only generates confusion.

It's like the green meeples in Keyflower. People think they're missing something, but they're not. Just do what it says and everything will work out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
nachof wrote:
I just place the whole special buildings deck and that's it. It seems to me the end effect is the same.

If they said that in the rules, people would constantly ask why they should put all the cards on the board when only a few are used. The only way to make it right would be to tell you how many cards you need for every number of players exactly instead of a generic 6 which is sufficient for all player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.