Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, there are several magician powers that I need to clarify. I hope these have not been posted here.

1. Bargain Watch
Quote:
Once per turn whenever an opponent takes the "BUY" action in the market row, you may also buy any number of the purchased trade for its original price.

Does the "original" word means initial value listed in the trade, 1/2/3 (no matter where they are)? Even they're in the Quick order slot?

2. Allowance
Quote:
Whenever you receive 2 or more , you may take +1 from the supply.

So if during performance I score (for example) 4 tricks that yields me 2 do I get the effect from this card 4 times? Or do I just get them once, because it's counts as one performance?

1. Mime
Quote:
After revealing the assignment cards, you may pay 2 once to choose one of your performance assignment cards and use it with an effect of a special assignment card of the same location played by another player.

So the player need to pay immediately after the cards been revealed. Do he has to resolve the effect immediately (immediate placement of character) or he resolve it during the character in question placement? (he just declared which one he wants to use and keep it in memory to use it when he placed that character).

2. Power Hungry
Quote:
Anytime you receive 1 or more d10-2, you may learn a magician power.

He can only learn from one of the available cards from his hand? And this only breaks the limit of timing and number of learning magician power right? So a player can learn (assign) a magician power more than one time in a single game turn (normally only one for one game turn).

1. Brilliant Inventor
Quote:
When you take prepare action in the workshop, you gain equal to the total number of advance and superior components required for the prepared trick.

Does the "total number" refer to the number of tiles or the total value of the components? So if the trick requires 2 advance and 1 superior, the total value would be 7.
This power is the same as the special assignment card "INVENTION", right?

2. Wonders of Technology
Quote:
When you use the prepare action on a trick, you may choose to spend 1 additional AP. If you do, receive all of your available marker for that trick.

So even if the trick only shows 2 overlapping squares, get can get trick marker more than that (up to max 4 markers).

3. Time Warp
Quote:
When you perform, you may also perform one of your trick on another performance card.

Does the trick on another performance card is removed after the scoring? Or it's stay on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
vardamir wrote:
Hi, there are several magician powers that I need to clarify. I hope these have not been posted here.

1. Bargain Watch
Quote:
Once per turn whenever an opponent takes the "BUY" action in the market row, you may also buy any number of the purchased trade for its original price.

Does the "original" word means initial value listed in the trade, 1/2/3 (no matter where they are)? Even they're in the Quick order slot?

not sure about quick order but I imagine the "original price" refers to any possible bargain action or powers from the purchasing magician

vardamir wrote:

1. Brilliant Inventor
Quote:
When you take prepare action in the workshop, you gain equal to the total number of advance and superior components required for the prepared trick.

Does the "total number" refer to the number of tiles or the total value of the components? So if the trick requires 2 advance and 1 superior, the total value would be 7.
This power is the same as the special assignment card "INVENTION", right?

it doesn't say anything about the value, just the total number of components, so a trick requiring 2 advanced and 1 superior would pay 3

vardamir wrote:

2. Wonders of Technology
Quote:
When you use the prepare action on a trick, you may choose to spend 1 additional AP. If you do, receive all of your available marker for that trick.

So even if the trick only shows 2 overlapping squares, get can get trick marker more than that (up to max 4 markers).

seems pretty straightforward

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same question we had yesterday for the "Allowance" power... Any idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lee
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Andy, you Goonie!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
kakawette wrote:

I have a feeling that you would get the extra coin for every trick. The performance phase isn't one reception of coins but multiple receptions of yields per trick.

I am also still curious about Bargain Watch, though. What is the point of the "for its original [coin] price" language?

Any thoughts, Viktor Peter?

Viktor Péter
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericaustinlee wrote:
kakawette wrote:

I have a feeling that you would get the extra coin for every trick. The performance phase isn't one reception of coins but multiple receptions of yields per trick.

I don't have the text in front of me so I can't say for certain, but performaning is a singular payout of coins. It's one action and you get a reward for that action. As discussed elsewhere, the theater owner doesn't pay you afterward like "ok, here's 1 coin for that first trick and 3 coins for the second trick and 1 coin for the 3rd". He gives you four coins for the entire performance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annika Axelsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi, I also have a question regarding one of the magician powers, the one called “Telepathic Orders”. It says: “Once per turn, you may place your [disk] on any location, not just the one printed on the Assignment card below it.”

Does this mean that I can take two actions with the disk in question, first the one corresponding to the assignment card, and then one more action? Or does it just mean flexibility to choose another action than the one I first signed up for with the assignment card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
INTJ wrote:
Hi, I also have a question regarding one of the magician powers, the one called “Telepathic Orders”. It says: “Once per turn, you may place your [disk] on any location, not just the one printed on the Assignment card below it.”

Does this mean that I can take two actions with the disk in question, first the one corresponding to the assignment card, and then one more action? Or does it just mean flexibility to choose another action than the one I first signed up for with the assignment card?

Just the flexibility to choose any location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdulla AlKendi
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moose Malloy wrote:
INTJ wrote:

I would like an official clarification on all the Magician Power cards because in this example, the wording does not start with 'At the start of 'Place a Character' phase,...' instead it is 'Once per turn,...' so my understanding is that this power takes place before the end of the turn i.e. can be used after everyone else has placed their Characters. Also, the wording '...on any location, not just the one...' made me think it is in addition to the Assignment card location assigned because if it was in place of the current Assignment card location then the wording should've been more clear like '...you may place one [disk] on any location instead of its assigned location'. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, there is a Special Assignment card that has this power. It's a repetitive power if it wasn't for the fact that Magician Power cards could be used many times whereas the Special Assignment card can only be used once.

Many Magician Power cards need further clarifications. It would really help to get an official clarification sheet for all the Magician Power cards instead of searching and posting on BGG.
While at it, the rulebook is in desperate need for a makeover.

Sorry for the ranting but a beautiful game like Trickerion really needs more love and attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alkendi wrote:
Moose Malloy wrote:
INTJ wrote:

I would like an official clarification on all the Magician Power cards because in this example, the wording does not start with 'At the start of 'Place a Character' phase,...' instead it is 'Once per turn,...' so my understanding is that this power takes place before the end of the turn i.e. can be used after everyone else has placed their Characters. Also, the wording '...on any location, not just the one...' made me think it is in addition to the Assignment card location assigned because if it was in place of the current Assignment card location then the wording should've been more clear like '...you may place one [disk] on any location instead of its assigned location'. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, there is a Special Assignment card that has this power. It's a repetitive power if it wasn't for the fact that Magician Power cards could be used many times whereas the Special Assignment card can only be used once.

Many Magician Power cards need further clarifications. It would really help to get an official clarification sheet for all the Magician Power cards instead of searching and posting on BGG.

Sorry for the ranting but a beautiful game like Trickerion really needs more love and attention.

"not just the one" is simply a clarification that you can choose the original assigned spot or any other. I would never get so hung up on exact wording for a game designed by people for whom English is not their first language. Not every game is Magic the Gathering or Dominion with specific keywords and exacting standards of how text should be written.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdulla AlKendi
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
alkendi wrote:
Moose Malloy wrote:
INTJ wrote:

"not just the one" is simply a clarification that you can choose the original assigned spot or any other. I would never get so hung up on exact wording for a game designed by people for whom English is not their first language. Not every game is Magic the Gathering or Dominion with specific keywords and exacting standards of how text should be written.

I see your point, however, I do appreciate consistency in wording as it makes things more understandable. I normally don't mind grammatical errors or spelling mistakes, but when they affect my understanding and they're found in several places in the rulebook, that's when I have an issue with it. Besides, look at how well-written the rulebook of Cerebria, can't they edit the one for Trickerion to make it more approachable?

Regardless of their English proficiency, the community needed a clarification on some of the Magician Power cards and yet no support.
They are my favourite publisher and all of their games so far are in my top 10 (if not my top 5), but no one is perfect and I just hope they'll clarify the Magician Power cards and edit the rulebook.

It was frustrating going through BGG to find clarifications of a few rules and Special Assignment cards to begin with, and now I come for clarifications on some of the Magician Power cards and find no official answer? I mean they're releasing their expansion in Q2 this year, might as well make the rulebook a bit more welcoming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.