Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
I am a hobbyist game designer, I've got what I think is a fairly decent game entry in the works for the 9 Card Nanogame Contest, and I thought it would be a good experience to collaborate with a graphic designer / artist. Any hobbyist artists looking for a small collaboration to work on? We'll split all winnings (geekgold) 50/50!

My game is currently in a ready to playtest form found here:
[WIP - Contest Ready] "Iron & Brass - Duel" - 2016 9 Card Nanogame Contest Entry

It has a WWII theme that fits fine, but I was thinking of changing it to something less real life. I was thinking like a mech warrior theme instead.

As far as art required, it would be 12 (same 12 per side) or 24 (different 12 for each side) images. I'm thinking mech warrior cockpit images for most of the cards, something like:

but obviously simplified to fit 1/2 of a playing card.

Maybe even something retro like:

If anyone is interested, please let me know. In the meantime, I may fiddle around in Inkscape with some retro ideas.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'll work on it with you if you need help.

I need a little bit more info on what you want inside the cockpit view then I can do some mockups!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
How's this for a test image?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I geekmailed you my thoughts. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Narrow Gate Games wrote:
I geekmailed you my thoughts. Thanks.

Here are some new mockups with better horizon views and missiles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Here are some new images and a new player 2 card image

Player 2 card image

Other player 1 card images

I need help on the other images, I'm not sure I understand what you want! Need a little more detail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Allen Czysz
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Look great.

Player 1 and 2 formats look good.

Forward Shield screen image should be a horizontal bracket shape on the top of the screen instead of on the sides.

So, the three remaining ones are Spotter, Long Range Missiles, and Recon Drone, right?

Spotter could be similar to Sniper. Maybe just make the crosshair image larger?

Long Range Missiles - just make bigger and maybe different color missiles, but just bigger would be good.

For the recon Drone, my vision of that is like a view of a computer screen image from the drone camera, but I can't really draw that. Something like this:

But ideally with 3 mech targets, or just 3 crosshairs or something (since you are playing against 3 opponent mechs every turn).

But, if that is too difficult, just make it the same image as the Sniper.

I will also send you the exact text and numbers for each card later today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.