Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to take a minute and thank Velma at GameSurplus for her continued amazing customer service. I was recently browsing their site and noticed that Haspelknecht was listed as out of stock. Now I've been kicking myself for some time for not backing the Kickstarter and have been searching for a place to buy a copy.

I decided to email GameSurplus and find out if they were getting more copies and if so if I could preorder a copy. Velma emailed me back the same day and told me it was listed as out of stock until they fulfilled the KS pledges (I guess they're doing the US distribution) and would then have copies available online. She told me if I ordered they would get my copy out later this week. I went ahead and ordered Saturday and just checked my email. The game has already shipped and I'll have my copy Wednesday.

This isn't the first time Velma has gone above and beyond to get a game for me and it isn't just about the $. I was looking for Qwixx Gemmixt and she got it for me and that was a $6 expansion. They truly value their customers and are willing to go above and beyond to help you.

At this point I'm going to be switching a lot of my online purchases to GameSurplus. Kudos to GameSurplus for running their OLGS like a FLGS. To top it all off shipping is always blazing quick and their packing is second to none.

Again a huge thank you to Velma @ GameSurplus, if you haven't checked out their store I'd highly recommend it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
York
PA
flag msg tools
mb
I'm glad that's been your experience but sadly mine is quite the opposite. I emailed Gamesurplus twice now making inquiries about Carson City Big Box and have yet to receive a response (first email was a week ago). I'm not sure why I've gone ignored but it's hard to give business to a site that can't even answer a simple question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusanagi888 wrote:
I'm glad that's been your experience but sadly mine is quite the opposite. I emailed Gamesurplus twice now making inquiries about Carson City Big Box and have yet to receive a response (first email was a week ago). I'm not sure why I've gone ignored but it's hard to give business to a site that can't even answer a simple question.

Wow, that's quite surprising. I've always gotten an email back within a day, usually the same day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
craig vivian
United States
Monmouth
Illinois
flag msg tools
I have to give credit to Velma also--I ordered a game that was out of stock and she emailed me back the same day saying they had one in and did I want it. All my business goes to GameSurplus. And you got to love the Friday updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusanagi888 wrote:

Check your junk folder just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
York
PA
flag msg tools
mb
matthean wrote:
Kusanagi888 wrote:

I already did before posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusanagi888 wrote:

Per the website it's listed as in stock as of 1/8/16.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Thomsen
United States
Medway
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Papa Ninja wrote:
I just wanted to take a minute and thank Velma at GameSurplus for her continued amazing customer service. I was recently browsing their site and noticed that Haspelknecht was listed as out of stock. Now I've been kicking myself for some time for not backing the Kickstarter and have been searching for a place to buy a copy.

I decided to email GameSurplus and find out if they were getting more copies and if so if I could preorder a copy. Velma emailed me back the same day and told me it was listed as out of stock until they fulfilled the KS pledges (I guess they're doing the US distribution) and would then have copies available online. She told me if I ordered they would get my copy out later this week. I went ahead and ordered Saturday and just checked my email. The game has already shipped and I'll have my copy Wednesday.

This isn't the first time Velma has gone above and beyond to get a game for me and it isn't just about the $. I was looking for Qwixx Gemmixt and she got it for me and that was a $6 expansion. They truly value their customers and are willing to go above and beyond to help you.

At this point I'm going to be switching a lot of my online purchases to GameSurplus. Kudos to GameSurplus for running their OLGS like a FLGS. To top it all off shipping is always blazing quick and their packing is second to none.

Again a huge thank you to Velma @ GameSurplus, if you haven't checked out their store I'd highly recommend it!

This sounds like the intro to The Long View. Are you sure Geof didn't write this email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
York
PA
flag msg tools
mb
esquire468 wrote:
Kusanagi888 wrote:

Per the website it's listed as in stock as of 1/8/16.

I'm aware, though my questions were asking if this was ever going to be the case, as well as if there were going to be any extra Kickstarter copies for sale. I've since found a copy elsewhere because I did not receive a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Kusanagi888 wrote:

Might've gone to their junk folder? Sometimes for whatever reason my mail goes straight to people's spam folder.

Try submitting your question via their contact form?

https://www.gamesurplus.com/contact_us.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
York
PA
flag msg tools
mb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
matthean wrote:
Kusanagi888 wrote:

Might've gone to their junk folder? Sometimes for whatever reason my mail goes straight to people's spam folder.

I did submit my question that way (I also don't know any other way to do so).

Regardless, Velma emailed me today and told me she saw this thread which made her check her emails only to find she had messed something up on her end.

Everything is good and she answered another question I had with no issues. I will definitely be doing business with them in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Plante
United States
Greenville
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusanagi888 wrote:
JohnnyDollar wrote:
matthean wrote:
Kusanagi888 wrote:

I did submit my question that way (I also don't know any other way to do so).

Regardless, Velma emailed me today and told me she saw this thread which made her check her emails only to find she had messed something up on her end.

Everything is good and she answered another question I had with no issues. I will definitely be doing business with them in the future.

Glad to hear it got straightened out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.