Thumb up
1 Posts

Torres» Forums » Variants

Subject: A "Medina" variant of Torres_ a 2 in one game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Taibeh
flag msg tools
"Medina" is another awesome abstract game with similar main pieces. However, it plays completely differently and it includes many complementary pieces. See the link below:

This is my take on modifying Torres to allow for playing "Medina" as well meeple

The extra pieces are borrowed from "Antike" in my case:

You may find another game that has similar pieces, which are mainly meeples, wooden cylinders, discs and small wall pieces (for the walls, I used the ship pieces of Antike after flipping them upside-down!). The wooden temple pieces in Antike can perfectly replace the stable pieces in Medina.

The back side of the Torres board can fit a 10x14 square board. This allows you to play a 2 player "Medina" game. I've drawn the squares on the back of the board using a white marker. See photo:

One player takes the black pieces & the other takes the grey.

The star sticker I bought from a stationary shop for $2. It is used to differentiate 4 types of towers (colours).

Torres cards shown on the previously linked picture are used to replace tower & palace tiles. Colour codes are used for towers instead of number (in the original game). The 6 tea tiles in the original game are replaced with 6 "A" cards (using the letter face of the card). I like to think of this card as an "A"dvantage or "A"davance card.

See the other photos on the album for the end of game shots. Enjoy cool:
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.