Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Ackermann
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am looking for a game to decide a whole match. Look at it as the culminating climax of a session between 2 people.

I need a game that has a good balance between acknowledgement of the personalities involved and pure wit. And: it should be fun to watch as an outsider.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Fergin
United States
Baltimore
MD
flag msg tools
Homer Simpson
badge
"Trying is the first step towards failure."
mbmbmbmbmb
How about R (otherwise known as BraveRats)? It's basically Rock-Paper-Scissors on steroids. It's an entirely psychological game, where you need to predict what the other person is thinking, and only takes about a minute to play (minus AP).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Ackermann
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - looked at it and was intrigued!

But please people, lets get some more games that might fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Choubi Gogs
France
flag msg tools
badge
My avatar is from the chilren's game Monster Mash
mbmbmbmbmb
How about Dungeon Twister? BattleCON: Devastation of Indines? Neuroshima Hex! 3.0? Shazamm!?

These are all games that feel like good battle of the wits and that I would have fun watching good players duke it out.

(I'm not sure what you meant by "acknowledgement of the personalities involved")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Ackermann
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

What I mean by that is that not only knowledge or pure reasoning should prevail, but some personality traits as well.

Your games are very fine, but I should state, that the occasion is more a party or an event than a boardgame-evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Choubi Gogs
France
flag msg tools
badge
My avatar is from the chilren's game Monster Mash
mbmbmbmbmb
DarAng wrote:
Thank you!

What I mean by that is that not only knowledge or pure reasoning should prevail, but some personality traits as well.

Your games are very fine, but I should state, that the occasion is more a party or an event than a boardgame-evening.

Ah yes... Those recommendations were pretty bad then...

It seems a hard recommendation to make as it seems like you're looking for games that could reward creativity or some other stuff which would seem to be easier to find in party games... But those are rare for two players only...

I'll still make two other recommendations but they are probably a bit far fetched...

Bunny Bunny Moose Moose: A third player needs to be the referee... Personality traits required: good reaction to stress and quick counting (if that counts as a personality trait).

Concept: Needs to be adapted. One possible rule: make the audience guess as many clues as possible in a set time. You do need to involve the audience but I feel that could work...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you want to decide the winner, there's only one thing to do in that situation...

Draw the black card!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Healex
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Why not a good ol' fashioned duel to the death? Weapon of choice rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.