Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: My Extra Life Birthday! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dokter
flag msg tools
(Also posted in the British Columbia regional forum)

Hey everyone,

My birthday is a month away and rather than going out for any fancy dinners or drinks, I've decided to stay in and give something back to the local healthcare community (though some drinks may still be involved).

Most of you are probably familiar with Extra Life. For those that aren't, here's a little background.

Extra Life is a charitable organization that raises money for local children's hospitals across North America. Once a year (normally in November), gamers around the world raise money and awareness by doing what we do best: Gaming. For 24hrs. Straight.

So on Feb 11, that's exactly what I plan to do. And so, I'm asking for everyone's support to help raise money for the BC Children's Hospital. You can support me in a number of different ways:

1) Come game with me! I live in a condo in downtown Vancouver so space may be limited, but would love to have more boardgame geeks representing!

2) Donate on my page (link to follow)

PS - I'll also look into making a Twitch account to live stream my gaming marathon. I doubt it'll garner too many views but you'll at least be able to check in to make sure I'm awake and gaming!

tl;dr - I'm gaming for 24hrs on my birthday (Feb 11); support me!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.