Hide
4 Posts

Wombat Rescue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Second dingo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hagbard Celine
msg tools
If I got it right, whenever the dingo catches a mama, it will effectively skipped for the following round (because the new "dingo controller" player will only put the dingo back on the board during their next turn instead of moving it).

But what is the "dingo controller" supposed to do when we play with the optional second dingo, and there is just one dingo on the board because the other just caught a mama? Can they choose to either move the one or return the other to the board? Or will there be no dingo movement in that turn, just putting the one that's out back to the board? Or even both: Put the one to the board AND move the other? The rules aren't really clear on that.

By the way, we found that the rule that the "dingo controller" can decide which dingo moves gives them too much "trolling power", so we agreed on a house rule: You always have to move the dingo that's closest to any mama, even if that's your own mama.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wolfe
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play with two dingoes and one dingo catches a mama wombat, after the current controller of dingoes has moved both, that player then hands control over to the player who was caught. During that player's next turn she would move the dingo still in play and then add the second dingo back to the playing area.

In the very rare case when two players are caught with both dingoes in play, the second player caught would become the new controller and would place the dingoes back into the playing area as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hagbard Celine
msg tools
Oh wait, the point I was missing there is that you are supposed to always move BOTH dingoes, not just one. I re-read the rules for the third time or so and only now realized that they clearly state that - can't believe I missed that. Thanks for helping to clear that up!

It does make it a very cut-throat game, though -- it's a good thing that the second dingo is optional
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiran Wagle
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
paranoidandroid522 wrote:
Oh wait, the point I was missing there is that you are supposed to always move BOTH dingoes, not just one. I re-read the rules for the third time or so and only now realized that they clearly state that

It wasn't at all clear to me. The way I interpreted it was "first roll the die to determine which dingo moves, then roll it again to determine how far it moves."

And it took us close to 20 minutes to figure out that the last player controls the dingo. That was in setup but it should've been in the dingo section as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.