Subject: Sleeving the game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should I gear up to sleeve the game? If I do so, I would sleeve every single card. Few questions on that:

Space - How would this affect storage space? For example, I have Death Angel (great game) and once I sleeved all the cards it would not fit in the original box. I had to buy a big card game box for it instead and keep the original box to fit all the expansions.

Sleeve Sizes - KDM comes with some pretty funky shaped cards. Where can I buy sleeves for each type of card and how many for each type of sleeve (estimate)?

My lazy side is inclined not to. However, this game is one that I will definitely treasure and use A LOT. What do you guys (and gals) think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the place that will answer your questions

http://vibrantlantern.com/extra/organize/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Decks fit better if sleeved, and we did them since they see a lot of wear. We haven't sleeved anything else (gear etc.) since it doesn't get handled so heavily, and sleeves are less easy to come by, still not sure if we will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonahdel
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spiralingcadaver wrote:
Decks fit better if sleeved, and we did them since they see a lot of wear. We haven't sleeved anything else (gear etc.) since it doesn't get handled so heavily, and sleeves are less easy to come by, still not sure if we will.

Did they become as tight as the ones showed in the link? Or is that entirely dependent on the type of sleeve that you use?

I'm thinking about sleeving the Monster cards too, only downside I could think of is that any future content won't fit in anymore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I strangely sleeved half of it. The little cards don't need to be sleeved (they are never shuffled and the handling they experience is minimal).

For the standard-sized cards, I sleeved everything *except* Butcher, Hand, King's Man and Watcher cards. I might eventually, but these are fairly rarely used, the cards are quite sturdy and the box works a bit better for me with the extra space.

I did not sleeve the big cards: haven't found a good fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can sleeve the cards knowing that they will easily fit back in the box. I use standard size sleeves. They are a bit big, but if you get high quality sleeves, this isn't a problem.....

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. So what size sleeves from FFG fits the AI/Hit Location/Resource decks? I'll go ahead and buy..........way too many of those lol.

Also, what about laminating the board? I might go ahead and do that too....Office Depot do this or are they unwilling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sleeved the decks you shuffle. I used FFG Standard American Board Game sleeves in the green pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: dependent on thickness, I used cheap little penny sleeves for everything, they're a little big but even they fit fine regarding width, and they pack pretty nicely. I'd be worried about thicker/nice sleeves actually being too thick/making things too tightly packed.

I'm expecting each expansion will have a little tray, given how anal the core is. If not, it'll be time to start pulling together some sort of deck organizer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Epidemius wrote:
Also, what about laminating the board? I might go ahead and do that too....Office Depot do this or are they unwilling?
I'd be worried about this- the board's pretty dark, so anything reflective might get it very difficult to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chengkai Yang
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the game board, you would be better off having them print off a new one and laminating that. It wouldn't be too difficult with a plotter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.