Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If the bath house provided 2 extra draws, with extra space in the market, but you also had to discard 2 workers after completing all your draws, (i.e it essentially gave you a better chance at getting the combination you wanted for the turn but no net extra workers) would you still want it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John-Paul Pizzica
United States
Hoffman Estates
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The power of W.A.M. compels you!
mb
I've only played this a few times but I can't tell you how many times I've wondered how a black hole could be formed inside my draw bag, refusing to allow me to see the four monks and five soldiers I KNOW are in there!

So, in answer to your question, yes, I'd love two extra pulls, if only to have two more shots to fish out that monk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monks appear to hide in a closet reading their scriptures most of the game.

Until there is a plague, at which time they come out to see what all the screaming is about, and then they are immediately struck down. I credit too little exercise and too little outdoor air.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Symington
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Absotively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The bath house gives no net extra workers, as you have to put 1 person back and need 1 to activate it.
If you had to put 2 back, it would make a net -1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:
The bath house gives no net extra workers, as you have to put 1 person back and need 1 to activate it.
If you had to put 2 back, it would make a net -1.

Depends on the edition. First edition was 1 to activate. 2nd does not need 1 to activate. I'm referring to 2nd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer_Dog wrote:

Depends on the edition. First edition was 1 to activate. 2nd does not need 1 to activate. I'm referring to 2nd edition.

No, 1st edition was:
1 to activate, draw 3, return 1
2nd edition:
1 to activate, draw 2, return 1

Maybe you are reffering to some spin-off edition like the one on kickstarter and not the original game, but you didn't specify so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't know which edition other than it's the ones I've played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
actaion wrote:
Gamer_Dog wrote:
No, 1st edition was:
1 to activate, draw 3, return 1
2nd edition:
1 to activate, draw 2, return 1

Maybe you are reffering to some spin-off edition like the one on kickstarter and not the original game, but you didn't specify so.
The 2nd edition rules do not explicitly say you have to place a worker, and the "worker spot" on the building is "faded" compared to all of the other buildings with worker spots. The rules mention placing a worker in the context of discussion playing by the 1st edition rules.

- - - - -

The problem with the bathhouse, the horsewagon, the gunpowder tower, the hospital or the wool or the get-more-gears building, etc. isn't that any particular one of them breaks the game, it's that some of the others are lackluster in comparison (the cheese maker comes to mind).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bath House is the real "Cheese Market".whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.