Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
whistle Why not? I've the 'means' by which to record as played for some 'video' games with 2 examples on this on tape already. For the latest with using SNES "Liberty or Death", then BOTH were final "finale" 'Battles' during the American War of Independence, with one taking place at the same time as "Trenton/Princeton", while the 2nd-part did not take place since the WAR was WON after the first-part.

The 2nd 'Battle' takes place in mid-February so that by HIS upcoming birthday anniversary, then the U.S.A. shall become victorious!

Their 'locales' and 'environs' for them were quite *denotable*.

I can only SAVE these two for the time being, and can there be obtained the means by which to KEEP this then SAVED onto something else instead? In this manner, why, still another could try their hand for each if they desired.

The main notion overall is how about somebody PROVIDE their 'means' in which generate "Historical Scenarios" from/for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
badge
Interesting. I didn't know about Liberty or Death. I guess it's a strategic-level game? What board game would be suitable (scale, maps, etc) for creating scenarios from your saved games?

I have no idea how best to record the information. Maybe just the old-fashioned way of recording to a video file on your computer and then uploading the video somewhere so people can review it? Of course, you would need a way to hook up your TV output to your computer (or your SNES to your computer directly). Or if you have an appropriate boardgame, you can manually note troop positions, etc., according to the units and maps in that game?

If you were playing on an emulator and not an actual SNES, you can probably find a way to dump the save game as a binary file to send to others.

Or have I completely misunderstood what you're aiming for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
Interesting. I didn't know about Liberty or Death. I guess it's a strategic-level game?
It's the latest COIN game. I didn't know it had shipped yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
Interesting. I didn't know about Liberty or Death. I guess it's a strategic-level game? What board game would be suitable (scale, maps, etc) for creating scenarios from your saved games?
Greatly detailed with all manner for aspects within it. You are able to control BOTH sides respectively with two players, and it is with being capable to arrange upon having the actual participants for those then. While yet still, you can only save twice.
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
I have no idea how best to record the information. Maybe just the old-fashioned way of recording to a video file on your computer and then uploading the video somewhere so people can review it? Of course, you would need a way to hook up your TV output to your computer (or your SNES to your computer directly). Or if you have an appropriate boardgame, you can manually note troop positions, etc., according to the units and maps in that game?
whistle Using "way-ye-olde"-tech of mine here, and it may 'regress' to W2K?!?
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
If you were playing on an emulator and not an actual SNES, you can probably find a way to dump the save game as a binary file to send to others.

Or have I completely misunderstood what you're aiming for?
"Not exactly", while WERE this possible, or feasible? There is very little to nothing for all of the older sort, and for the very few of which I'd then play to record, it should impart OUR interactions.

cool With the PS "Panzer/Allied General" series, why, there is some potential with "Alternate Outcomes" in which Wash.D.C. gets "Battle"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Molon Labe wrote:
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
Interesting. I didn't know about Liberty or Death. I guess it's a strategic-level game?
"Not exactly!", as these were 'console' versions with 'cartridges' or PS 'disc'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
Molon Labe wrote:
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:
"Not exactly!", as these were 'console' versions with 'cartridges' or PS 'disc'.
Ah, SNES, that's Super Nintendo, right? I must have overlooked that when I first read the post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pour Away,Mein Host
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Molon Labe wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
Molon Labe wrote:
jakobcreutzfeldt wrote:

Ah, SNES, that's Super Nintendo, right? I must have overlooked that when I first read the post.

Yep... this will give you a sense of what the game was about. I remember playing this quite a bit way back when.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.