Panic on Wall Street!» Forums » General

Subject: Cleaning (repairing?) the boards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith
United States
CO
flag msg tools
The usual way to clean off old writing is to write over it and immediately erase. This means using the dry-erase marker to black out the previous writing, then wipe it off.

However, you said "The worst of the black smudges seem to cause the ink to not really erase that well with the smudges just becoming larger and darker". That makes me think that this usual method isn't going to work, unless I misunderstood that sentence.

Try it first with a small section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amo .
United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, the way I repaired mine was very recently; mine were very black and some writing areas were worn away from cleaning or scrubbing.

I fixed it by buying some Whiteboard A4 decals (specifically: "Avery 24902 Write & Wipe, A4 Dry Erase Wall Stickers"), and cut them into the shapes I needed and stuck them on.

Whilst this seems to have worked; I wouldn't do this if you're intending it to be a collectable.

The other alternative is to use that Magic Static Whiteboard paper I've seen; sadly it does not stick to the boards; and glueing them on is painful and could ruin the boards; but the whiteboard paper could be used for players as a replacement; just cut them up into the required spaces and give one to each player and they mark in the top left what the board is and what color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Michael Hickey
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can stick invisible tape over the score section of each board.

This will protect the board and wipe clean without any residue.

PS I ended up laminating my boards but that was overkill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas May
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a tape you would recommend that wouldn't damage the board if it was ever removed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.