Subject: [ WIP ] ARC - First Post and Game Attempt rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Wellington
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Hello!

This is my first time posting and explaining my game. Please be honest with your opinions. Thanks!

What is ARC?
ARC is an Architecture themed card game. Players use real Architects and Designs in their quest to become the best Architect and win the game. The first player to reach a Status of 9 or higher wins.

Summary
2-3 players
15-30 minutes

Card Types

Architect
- Architect cards range from Level 0-6
- Architect cards cost three Experience cards in order to be played on the field
- Each Architect has a unique effect which costs Experience equal to their Level in order to activate
Design
- Design cards range from Status 1-4
- Design cards on the field determine the Status of a player
- Design cards cost Experience cards equal to their Status in order to be played field
- The Status of a Design card played from a player's hand cannot exceed that of their highest Level Architect on the field (example: a player cannot play a Status 3 Design if they only have a Level 2 Architect) However a Design card drawn and placed directly to the field does not have this restriction (i.e. by Competition - see below)
Experience
- Used to play Designs, Architects and their effects
Event
- Similar to Architect effects, however they do not cost any Experience cards

Game Play
- Max of 5 Architect/Design cards on field per player
- Max of 7 Design/Experience/Event cards in hand per player (Event cards that are played do not count as cards on the field)
- All players share decks except for Architect Decks, which are controlled individually
- Players draw cards by rolling two dice. Each one is counted seperately.
Roll Draw
1 - Experience
2 - Experience
3 - Experience
4 - Experience
5 - Design
6 - Event
Doubles - Experience + one of choice
Double 6 - Competition (Players discard all Experience cards, roll, player with highest roll draws and plays a Design card)

Contents
4-8 Architect cards per player (this is the customizeable portion of the game, players can choose from 10+ cards per Architect)
9 Design cards per player
30 Experience cards
30 Event cards

I know this may sound confusing but it really isn't too difficult. If you have any questions please ask!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Vaske
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi!
As you stay it's a bit confusing at the moment. If you explain how you play a turn and score points more thoroughly or maybe use some mockup images it might be easier to understand

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wellington
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thanks for replying! Please see the link below for the complete rules and cards.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1506210/wip-arc-my-first-pos...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.