Hide
5 Posts

Villainous Vikings (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: second edition vs first edition 2p game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Popov Victor
msg tools
hello! i'm thinking of buying this game but i don't know which edition to go for. since i'm playing mostly with my sister should i buy the first edition? can you play the second edition in 2p?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Stoltzfus
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely go for the second edition, since it includes everything from the first.

The second edition can easily be played 2 player with a few tweaks. If you play the second edition without the "Raid" option, you're essentially getting the exact same experience as 1st edition. Alternatively, there are a few players here on BGG who really enjoy using 2 Captains each, then using the lower of the two Captain scores as your final score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
jerdude wrote:
Definitely go for the second edition, since it includes everything from the first.

The second edition can easily be played 2 player with a few tweaks. If you play the second edition without the "Raid" option, you're essentially getting the exact same experience as 1st edition. Alternatively, there are a few players here on BGG who really enjoy using 2 Captains each, then using the lower of the two Captain scores as your final score.

thank you! now to find the game at a reasonable price
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Stoltzfus
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you're in the US, the cheapest place to get it new is usually Amazon.

Outside of the US it's a little tougher... but if you contact VPG they might be able to tell you if there are any nearby retailers who stock it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popov Victor
msg tools
jerdude wrote:
Well, if you're in the US, the cheapest place to get it new is usually Amazon.

Outside of the US it's a little tougher... but if you contact VPG they might be able to tell you if there are any nearby retailers who stock it.

ok i've sent them a mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.