Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Aaron, Dave & Lincoln play Dead Man's Draw, designed by Derek Paxton, Leo Li, Chris Bray and published by Mayday Games.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how we run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect timing.
Dead Man's Draw Deluxe KS is currently on and helped me make the decision
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maximiliano Sanchez de Bustamante
Argentina
Olivos
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the episode guys. The game looks fun. I played at digital form but never played using the cardboard incarnation. It looks fun but I think I still prefer 2 player version: swingy, fun but less chaotic.

I'm not sure if the play mats help or not. As far I can see in the video it was more difficult to me identify which suit are missing or present.

The iOS is really great teaching the game. Like Aaron said, the app is escalating the complexity adding the power of the cards one at time. Eventually the treats are added and the special game modifiers are added too.
The app has a reward model I don't like too much, but with some patience it is not necessary spend real money to play and go further.

Thanks again for the episode and all the effort you made. Keep playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She's such a Geek
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BOOYAH!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, another great video! You guys do such a good job playing the game and having fun!

One quick note the 6 Variant Cards are included in the original game and in the new tin version. Yes those were a Kickstarter Stretch Reward but we included them with every copy and all future copies of the game, so no need to go checking for files or looking elsewhere. Here is what comes in the box in the new version:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if you could just post the rest of your game run throughs for 2016? That way when I buy ALL Of them, I'll save on shipping!

Thanks for another great review session report play-through. Love you guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Okay Player
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I've always wondered whose house do these guys play at and who's boning who behind the scenes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WWG Con 2016!!!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of prefer the artwork on the old cards...is the new edition, with the extra cards, a better game overall?

Also, I noticed what looks like a submarine on the newer version...are some of the pictures different now?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I play this two player all the time. Its a great game to take to the coffee shop.
I still haven't played it with more than two people, but after watching your game I will have to soon.

Thanks for another great video.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WWG Con 2016!!!
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone? (Bueller?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ragamuffin jojo wrote:
I kind of prefer the artwork on the old cards...is the new edition, with the extra cards, a better game overall?

Also, I noticed what looks like a submarine on the newer version...are some of the pictures different now?

Thanks!

Yes, there is all new artwork on the new deluxe tin edition. It has another 10 days to go on Kickstarter, you can find it under "Dead Man's Draw" on KS there and check out the all-new art. Here are a few of the new cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.