Iqishiqi» Forums » General

Subject: Laserball -- an Iqishiqi "retheme" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Duncan
United States
New York
flag msg tools
In the past I've taken a look at abstract strategy games meant to mimic a ball game such as soccer, rugby, etc. E.g see this geeklist here. But I'm typically disappointed. Often such games end up moving a ball around repetitively in the middle of the board, with little drama.

Iqishiqi moves a ball around, and you can win by scoring a "goal," but unlike the other games I've tried, Iqishiqi has increasing drama inasmuch as the board starts to fill up, thereby increasing the perils of losing.

So, I thought it might be possible to give the game a bit of a retheme, as Laserball, since the movement mechanism resembles (to my mind at least) the firing of laser pulses at a ball. And if you use glass beads as pieces (such as you can purchase cheaply as vase fillers at craft stores), you can just about imagine the pieces being laser battery crystals:

I've typed up a set of Laserball print-and-play rules that include the custom board seen in the photo. File is here:
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.