Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Boatman
United States
New Iberia
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I had a few questions come up in a game last night and wasn't sure if I played them correctly. First situation was I rolled 3 hearts and 3 claws against Meka Dragon who was in Tokyo and they used their lightning armor and got one claw. I was at 8 health at the time so the question is, when does the lightning armor roll resolve? Technically I had enough hearts to heal to 10 and cancel out the lightning armor hit if they all happened at once, or if my roll resolved completely first I would lose a heart since I couldn't heal over ten, and then take a damage to go down to nine. I let them damage me since they were the new player and I didn't want to slow the game down. Which is it?

My second question is the target acquired ability combined with lightning armor, when meka dragon gets damaged for the first time by a new enemy and he moves his target to that monster, can he do that before rolling for lightning armor and cause an extra damage? Or once again, does it happen at the same time, which wouldn't let it activate till future turns?

Thanks everyone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With regards to your first question, I'm not sure there is a definitive answer, but I would defer to the King of New York rules, which explain that a player can choose to resolve the dice in whatever order they choose (but they must resolve all of a particular side of dice), so you could choose to attack first, taking the damage, then heal, and would be at full health.

As for the second question, you'd need to quote the text on the cards, because I'm not sure how they work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Fuchs
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ditto. You can choose the order in which to resolve the dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pathosis wrote:
My second question is the target acquired ability combined with lightning armor, when meka dragon gets damaged for the first time by a new enemy and he moves his target to that monster, can he do that before rolling for lightning armor and cause an extra damage? Or once again, does it happen at the same time, which wouldn't let it activate till future

nerman8r wrote:
As for the second question, you'd need to quote the text on the cards, because I'm not sure how they work.

Target Acquired
"When a Monster attacks you, give him the [token]...When you deal damage to the Monster who has the [token], deal 1 extra damage."

Note that as worded this is NOT optional. The [token] MUST switch to the attacking player.

Lightning Armor
"If you take damage roll a die for each damage point. On a [claw] the Monster whose turn it is takes 1 damage."

I see 2 ways to go about this, both come to the same result.

Interpretation 1:
Since Meka Dragon owns both effects, he gets to choose the order they apply, thus Target Acquired switches first, and if Lightning Armor triggers, it will get the bonus damage.
Note that regardless of how many [claw]s you get for Lightning Armor, it is still a single effect and will only get +1 damage from Target Acquired.

Interpretation 2:
Target Acquired switches on "when attacked", Lightning Armor switches on "when damaged".
Since you have to be attacked before you can take damage, Target Acquired would switch first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.