Subject: Better Box? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone found a better solution for boxing this, especially with sleeved cards?

Why didn't the designers/publisher consider this in the first place?

I like the weight/strength of the box, but I want something larger that will hold it all. I can live with gluing on some graphics if need be. I may use the figure box if I can find it, but that would not indicate the proper game and gluing on it would look really bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Artipia just uploaded an image of the new edition box (released through Stronghold Games). If the image is accurate the box looks bigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Check out my latest game, A Thief's Fortune, currently on Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
Has anyone found a better solution for boxing this, especially with sleeved cards?

Why didn't the designers/publisher consider this in the first place?

I like the weight/strength of the box, but I want something larger that will hold it all. I can live with gluing on some graphics if need be. I may use the figure box if I can find it, but that would not indicate the proper game and gluing on it would look really bad.

danlicata wrote:
Artipia just uploaded an image of the new edition box (released through Stronghold Games). If the image is accurate the box looks bigger.

1) The new box is going to be available through distribution worldwide by both Artipia Games and Stronghold Games (each on their own territory).

2) The new box has the same size as Diamonds and will also be part of Stronghold's Pocket Line.

3) Both Artipia's and Stronghol's versions will be identical.

4) The existing version of the game will only be available through Artipia's online store until the existing stock is out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
danlicata wrote:

1) The new box is going to be available through distribution worldwide by both Artipia Games and Stronghold Games (each on their own territory).

I did not see that, thanks!

Where did they post the picture and details? I could not find that information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
Check out my latest game, A Thief's Fortune, currently on Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
3pod wrote:
danlicata wrote:

Its still a bit early for proper announcements blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
3pod wrote:
danlicata wrote:

It was posted to the Stellar Conflict Images section here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the pointer to the image. I am not sure how the first reply even knew the box was a different size. A better note about the very basics would be good. Will the box be purchasable separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
Thanks for the pointer to the image. I am not sure how the first reply even knew the box was a different size. A better note about the very basics would be good. Will the box be purchasable separately?

If you are talking about my first reply about the bigger box I just judged it from the box my copy came in and the picture. It looks bigger.

You can order a copy of this game from Artipia's website for a very decent price w/ shipping from Greece.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

If you are talking about my first reply about the bigger box I just judged it from the box my copy came in and the picture. It looks bigger.

You can order a copy of this game from Artipia's website for a very decent price w/ shipping from Greece.

I already have a copy. I just want a bigger box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andrews777 wrote:
danlicata wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

I already have a copy. I just want a bigger box.

I plan on stealing another BGG users idea and switching this to one of my Among the Stars expansion boxes. Artwork is simliar.

But yes I agree a slightly bigger box would be much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Abella
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So will the new box fit the sleeved cards? I was very dissapointed to see the game barely fits the box as it is, and definitely does not fit sleeved cards - considering Artipia sells the sleeves as an add-on to the game.

I'd consider buying the new box if I was sure it fit the sleeved cards (and other components), though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fede689 wrote:
So will the new box fit the sleeved cards? I was very dissapointed to see the game barely fits the box as it is, and definitely does not fit sleeved cards - considering Artipia sells the sleeves as an add-on to the game.

I'd consider buying the new box if I was sure it fit the sleeved cards (and other components), though.

If it's the same box in the Dice Tower GAMA video, there'll be plenty of space for sleeved cards. Check out 1:04:36 HERE.

I'm a bit annoyed that folks are going to be getting the better box from now on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JakersNI wrote:
[
I'm a bit annoyed that folks are going to be getting the better box from now on.

More and more lately I am regretting buying a game shortly after it comes out as they tend to change/get better very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
JakersNI wrote:

More and more lately I am regretting buying a game shortly after it comes out as they tend to change/get better very quickly.

I don't mind improvements. Something like this should have been anticipated however. Did no one check the prototype with sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.