Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have a good handle on enemy movement and priorities during the Darkness phase, but I am curious how other players handle movement when the board gets "busy".

Do you move your first group of minions and then check priorities for the next group (which is what I am doing currently) or do you plan out all your priorities first and then move? In one of my games, the 12x12 tile became quite crowded with enemies and to me it made sense to move one group, then plan the next group's movement. If I were to plan it all in advance, some enemies would not be able to get into combat (since the hero target was already surrounded), but could have another hero they could possibly engage. I have been using the "Minion Group Movement" rules from page 17, so once I determine a priority, I am moving all the adjacent minions as well.

Just curious how the Myth collective plays this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're doing it right!

Each scout or each individual enemy, go over the complete movement sequence (priorities, move, make space or not (intellect vs instinct)) then move on to next scout or individual enemy.

You should start with the enemies closest to a hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Poole
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One question I've had is if you have the following situation:

devil = Enemy
soblue = Hero
blank = Empty space

blankblankblankblankdevildevildevildevil
blankblankdevildevildevildevilblankblank
soblueblankblankblankblankdevilblanksoblue

Assuming the hero on the right has priority the scout will go after him and everyone else will follow. However there are a number of enemies that can't attack him due to distance and space limitations but would be able to attack the left hero. Do you split the group and have anyone that can reach the left hero go after him, or have the entire group pile on the right hero?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
See if this video helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually you would have multiple small groups in you example.

Since there are 2 minions at the same distance of heroes, and in a straight line, you could choose any of them as being the first scout.

devil = Enemy
yuk = Possible first scout
soblue = Hero
blank = Empty space

blankblankblankblankdevildevildevilyuk
blankblankdevildevildevildevilblankblank
soblueblankblankblankblankyukblanksoblue

It's entirely up to you, but say you pick the top right one. That scout actually drags only one other minion with him, the one that's directly adjacent to him before he moves. Move those 2 minions, as much in a straight line as possible, towards the only hero they can reach. So move them down one square each.

Now, the other possible scout moves towards that same hero, bringing the 2 adjacent minions that haven't moved yet. Only the scout has room to engage the hero, but the other 2 follow the scout nonetheless and move as close as possible to the hero.

It's now time to find another scout, the leftmost one it is! It brings a single other minion along, the only one adjacent to it. Depending on their movement value and if they are Intellect or Instinct, where they end up will vary, but they move towards the left hero as it's not possible for them to reach the one on the right.

Next, amongst the only 2 minions that haven't moved yet, the left one becomes the last scout and he brings the other minion along rowards the left hero.

Considering they're Intellect and have a Movement of 3 or more, here's what it would look like after they all moved.

devil = Enemy
yuk = Scout
soblue = Hero
blank = Empty space

blankblankblankblankblankblankblankblank
yukdevilblankblankblankdevildevilyuk
soblueyukdevilblankblankdevilyuksoblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic example of this newly understood rule. The scout + surrounding minions rule creates some quite elegant movement; a very nice little system (albeit a confusing one to learn - shame the examples in the book weren't as good as this one)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Poole
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great example! Yeah I think I got mixed up and had it in my mind as the scout brought all connected minions with it rather than just the adjacent ones. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.