Subject: Converting some games to Poker Chips rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a few games that are typically played with cards. But because I play with kids (ranged 4 years old to 70), I've noticed that they play around with the cards ... to the point that I now have bent / folded / crumpled / stained / dog-eared cards.

Best example: Love Letter was a big hit with my 6 to 13 group, especially when I rethemed it to Frozen. The girls eventually started fighting for the Elsa and Anna cards.

The solution I've started to work on is to convert the cards into Poker Chips. There was a sale of the heavy clay chips at Target sometime last year, so I managed to stockpile a decent number.

I'm going to start listing the ones I made below.

If any of you have done something similar, please share!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Rooms and a Boom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Boom
rethemed to Banker: Guard or Robber

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love Letter
rethemed to Frozen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably worth checking out the Dominion poker chip conversion thread from. It was almost 8 years ago (yikes), but still worth checking out. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/365169/my-custom-domini...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IngredientX wrote:
It's probably worth checking out the Dominion poker chip conversion thread from. It was almost 8 years ago (yikes), but still worth checking out. https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/365169/my-custom-domini...

I do remember that! I think that is probably the original inspiration for this, I just forgot where that thread was.

So, many thanks to
Brian Poe
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Something that would have been purple if there was light to see it by scuttled across the floor.
badge
Time is for Dragonflies and Angels. The former live too little and the latter live too long.
mbmbmbmbmb

(I think I wouldn't be able to match the number of chips he used, however!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still have my poker chip version of Dominion! It gets played more than the card game.

I very much like the 2R1B poker chip idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.