Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying out quite a few packing solutions for Secrets of the lost tomb, and none have been quite what I need - they either take too much space, have too many separate items to carry, or require very careful packing every time. (I go to Manhattan board game meetups, so I have to carry my games through the New York subway system, so they have to fit inside a backpack or duffel bag with other games)

While packing up Christmas this year, I had my copy next to a stackable Christmas ornament box, and realized I might have found the perfect solution for me:

It is called a Snap 'N Stack 3 layer ornament keeper - I am only using 1 layer for the game.
Everything fits inside the box, and the included dividers are the perfect size for holding the room tiles
Top Left: all the larger miniatures
Top Middle: Status, Item, Artifact, Soul Monger, and Companion cards in small ziplocks
Top Right: all the monster cards and the monster stands in small ziplock
Middle Left: Atlantis and Meridian tiles, Character and Zombie Standees, Dice (I find the custom dice hard to read, so I bring a pack of regular D6 dice), zombie, draconian and smaller boss miniatures in ziplock bags.
Center: 1/2 the regular tiles and the adventurer miniatures in a ziplock bag.
Mid and Lower Right: ARMs, Comet Tracker, Regular Character sheets, and tokens (2 stacking pill cases of different sizes, 1 4 compartment box and 1 8 compartment box)
Lower Left: Adventure/Misadventure, Boss, and Tomb cards in 2 Deck Boxes.
Lower Middle: 1/2 the regular tiles.

On top of these contents, I put the Journey to the Tomb tile, the Elite Missions in a ziplock bag, and the rule books. The top rises up just enough for these to fit.

The total dimensions are about 13"x13"x5.5" which makes it not too much larger than a square game box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
West Orange
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.