Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Dunfermline
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears as though one or two people have finally received their (long delayed) TS Collector's Edition KickStarter physical sets, but someone has asked the question on the KS site, "when did Brush War become an Early War Card?"

Is this yet another mistake by GMT (along with the wrong coloured board, which caused 3 months+ of delay)...or have they purposefully changed it?

As far as I can see, my Deluxe copy of TS has Brush War as a Mid War Card...If it is a mistake, it will be easy enough to fix, with a bit of tape, but that's not really the point.

If GMT have again messed up, then their quality control is quite appalling, especially for a game that has taken the best part of 2 years to ship...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can only be a mistake...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be a pretty huge change that SOMEONE would have talked about testing, I assume.

So, mistake? Which is probably pretty annoying for a deluxe product like this. Though it doesn't actually affect anything once you know about it and can just put it in the right deck once you're done playing each time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Barnhart
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have defended GMT in the past (on this particular KS) but the QC on this Kickstarter has been appalling.

1. Delays - Understandable but damaged by lack of communication.

2. Board Misprint

3. Custom Dice Problems

4. Pencil Eraser Minis

5. New Space Race track just printed on paper

6. "Amaerica" typo

7. "Brush War" misprint.

I am a patient person, but come on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What?What??!

Where is the "Amaerica" typo?
What is that Space Race paper thing?
What kind of custom dice problems?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Barnhart
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Amaerica is on one of the new cards. Can't remember which one

2. Alternate space race track is just printed on full sized piece of card stock paper. It doesn't even fit over the old one if you were to cut it out.

3. There were complaints about a lack of promised custom dice. Looks like GMT just ended up getting the same ones people on this board have had made and added to their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Wachsmuth
msg tools
mb
positivelyrob wrote:
1. Amaerica is on one of the new cards. Can't remember which one

Pretty sure it's Non-Aligned Movement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul D
Australia
Carnegie
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything about this KS has been a disaster. From the physical rewards to the digital rewards. The delays and errors are astounding.

I used to hold GMT in high regard. The execution of this KS has certainly made me question that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glorfindel De Rivendel
msg tools
ENOUGH!!!

I'm done with GMT and this horrible Kickstarter that I would call con.

It is unnaceptable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
asfaloth_glorfindel wrote:
ENOUGH!!!

It is unnaceptable.

It was a kickstarter for something they failed to do for years previously. ..we kinda had fair warning...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... I am disgusted and disappointed, but I still want to believe people can be honest and sensible.
badge
If am still here, it is only for the gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
asfaloth_glorfindel wrote:
ENOUGH!!!

It is unnaceptable.

It has not been a con, at least as far as GMT has been involved, since they did pay money to print the wrong cards and the wrong game board they already replaced. However, they only started to work on this project in earnest in 2015 - when they should have started shipping - and therefore had to rush everything, so it has been improvised, badly budgeted and sloppy.

Having said that it is indeed unacceptable and I am glad I backed out. And don't get me started on Playdek and their AI...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
gmilitaru wrote:
It has not been a con, at least as far as GMT has been involved, since they did pay money to print the wrong cards and the wrong game board they already replaced. However, they only started to work on this project in earnest in 2015 - when they should have started shipping - and therefore had to rush everything, so it has been improvised, badly budgeted and sloppy.

Well, wasn't the whole point of the Kickstarter to get an interest-free loan"raise money" for the digital implementation (which had already failed once)? As I understood it, all the physical artefacts were thrown in the mix as extras and stretch goals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... I am disgusted and disappointed, but I still want to believe people can be honest and sensible.
badge
If am still here, it is only for the gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
turbothy wrote:
gmilitaru wrote:

Well, wasn't the whole point of the Kickstarter to get an interest-free loan"raise money" for the digital implementation (which had already failed once)? As I understood it, all the physical artefacts were thrown in the mix as extras and stretch goals.

I said, don't get me started on Playdek, please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor V34
Russia
Stalingrad
Volgograd Area
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And one more mistake:
On the card P4 that named <Stanislav Petrov> (The man who saved the world), GMT print foto of another Soviet naval officer - Vasili Arkhipov.
Vasili Arkhipov - was the man who saved the world too, but in other situation.
Here is link to article:
<Thank you Vasili Arkhipov, the man who stopped nuclear war> (Edward Wilson)
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/oct/27/vasili-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Played with a CE set tonight. Brush War is listed as mid war on the card manifest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Rutherford
United States
Greenbelt
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Novus Ordo Seclorum
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my CE game, and the Brush War card is an Early War card.

Also, the barrels on the red and blue tank figures are broken, but that's a complaint for a different thread.

(and the card sleeves really are garbage... I threw mine out.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the sleeves just fine.

(My friend Jonathan's copy)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has there been any word from GMT that they'll be reprinting Brush War and Non-Aligned Movement to fix the misprints, or will this forever be a "quirk" of the Kickstarter backed DE and CE?

It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have a error-free copy of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
jazznaz wrote:
Has there been any word from GMT that they'll be reprinting Brush War and Non-Aligned Movement to fix the misprints, or will this forever be a "quirk" of the Kickstarter backed DE and CE?

Based on experience from previous misprints (e.g. Here I Stand, which had a row of units dropped from a countersheet by mistake) GMT will probably mail reprints directly to customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grayson
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Goes to show, you don't ever know, Watch each card you play and play it slow..."
badge
Charles Stoddart (artwork from Pax Pamir 2e)
mbmbmbmbmb
positivelyrob wrote:
2. Alternate space race track is just printed on full sized piece of card stock paper. It doesn't even fit over the old one if you were to cut it out.

Mine came on cardboard, normal counter thickness-style cardboard like the Zaire and Taiwan overlay spaces. Looks the same as the photo that Roger posted a couple days ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Barnhart
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine did as well in the CE. Other folks just got paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cox
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Other threads discussing it have referred to this as a misprint.

BW REMAINS A MID WAR CARD. GMT MISPRINTED IT THIS TIME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cox
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinM2 wrote:
...their quality control is quite appalling, especially for a game that has taken the best part of 2 years to ship...

Yup. Two years and $150 dollars (upfront) and still all these mess ups. The universal truth of you-get-what-you-pay-for is superseded here by never-pay-up-front. Look at most successful military and aviation products ever built and taken to market - they were privately/company funded as risks. They had to make it well. Look at most of the military-industrial procurement disasters in history: gov't pre-funded the research, followed by gov't pre-paying for prototypes, then paying up front for rectification development. Then govt buying the product anyway because they sank so much money into it already. Those programs typically never perform as well as they should.

Same thing here. GMT asked for money upfront, you all paid, then they took their time and released a flawed substandard (substandard for the price and promises) product behind schedule. they could create stealth fighters for the military with this kind of project record under their belt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Maitland
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My CE arrived today. I was planning on dumping it on E-Bay, but after taking a look, it's a handsome version of one of my favorite games. I'm keeping it. Resin markers are fine. I love the new graphic design on the cards. The board is much better. Expansions are a fine bonus. My one complaint is the influence markers lacking the ability to flip for control, but I'll live with it.

EDIT: Also the so-called sleeves are terrible. I don't know why they were promised in the first place, but whatever GMT spent on them was a total and complete waste of money. They'd have been better off omitting them and spending that cash working to get the counters to flip to show control. Still, not a huge deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kukailimoku wrote:
Yup. Two years and $150 dollars (upfront) and still all these mess ups.

Didn't buy into the kickstarted, don't have the new CE, don't care, etc. But...

These things happen. It's virtually impossible to have a 100% perfect product with the resources that GMT even has.

The mark of a truly good company is not how perfect their production is but rather how they respond to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.