Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jag
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)

Can Jules be passed around to other players following normal item rules?

If player A is locked in combat and B is on another space (with Jules), can B join A, hand over Jules, then be used by player A before they roll?

After calculating a riposte, can Jules be used by this player (or a player in the same space) to reduce the skull shields, thereby reducing the riposte?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay Bundy
United States
St. George
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group felt like the answer to all these questions was "yes".
There are no rules stating that Jules should be treated differently than any other item in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that you can't use an item during one test, only before or after. So that would be a no to your third question. But this is my guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Liu
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes - treated it like an item
2) Yes - item can be freely swapped at a location
3) No - must use before a test roll or after

these were the rules interpreted and used
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Jules:

I read in the FAQ that a receptacle can have multiple weapons but only use 1 during combat.

What if the weapon has not a passive bonus but multiple tokens on it like Jules.

Could I use him all 3 times during 1 TU?

The pistol can be used 2 times but remove ANY shields and Jules can be used 3 times but ONLY remove skull shields.
In the german translation it is written that the pistol can be used ANYTIME during combat, I think this is not stated on the card of Jules and maybe there are more differences between them.

The persons above me only assume that a weapon/item can be ONLY used before/after a test.
I thought maybe there is some official response from the devs now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hainz
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
Regarding Jules:

I read in the FAQ that a receptacle can have multiple weapons but only use 1 during combat.

What if the weapon has not a passive bonus but multiple tokens on it like Jules.

Could I use him all 3 times during 1 TU?

The pistol can be used 2 times but remove ANY shields and Jules can be used 3 times but ONLY remove skull shields.
In the german translation it is written that the pistol can be used ANYTIME during combat, I think this is not stated on the card of Jules and maybe there are more differences between them.

The persons above me only assume that a weapon/item can be ONLY used before/after a test.
I thought maybe there is some official response from the devs now.

Jules is no weapon. The thing is quite clear and accurately written on the card - you don't need TU, you can take up to three skull shields away for free. Anytime, except of: You rolled skull shields during a test and decide to use Jules before you take the riposte. That's not possible. Once rolled, you have to face the consequences.
Generally: There is a hierarchy of rules applying - common rules < icon reference < card text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.