Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Warhammer 40,000: Conquest» Forums » General

Subject: Price increase for upcoming expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

I didn't see this mentioned already, but I noticed that the retail (e.g. Cool Stuff, Miniature Market) prices for the upcoming Conquest expansions are a bit higher than for prior expansions. For example:

The Great Devourer $18.99
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/212977
vs.
Legions of Death $22.49
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/223145

Decree of Ruin $9.49
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/215722
vs.
Boundless Hate $11.29
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/215962

... with similar changes for Netrunner and Game of Thrones LCGs. Is this expected? Thanks for any thoughts.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is probably caused by the new Asmodee NA policy change.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The retail prices are unchanged. What you are seeing is places like Coolstuff is them raising prices in advance of them receiving less favorable terms because they are OLGS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MSRP is unchanged. Online retailers pay more for these products now, hence they charge more to account for the difference.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Vives
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification, folks. I guess I missed some earlier news... which I am now reading up on. Not good news for a lot of people, it seems!

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/49015/starting-2016-asmod...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Be careful about the threads about this (and that blogpost) on BGG - there is a LOT of FUD in them mixed in with more factual information.

Basically Asmodee NA (including FFG) is setting pricing through their distributors so that online only game stores pay more than brick and mortar.

In my opinion this was overdue
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MVives wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, folks. I guess I missed some earlier news... which I am now reading up on. Not good news for a lot of people, it seems!

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/49015/starting-2016-asmod...


Nah, it'll be fine. Just means people shopping at huge discounts pay closer to what the rest of us pay when we go our FLGS that sells at MSRP.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
MVives wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, folks. I guess I missed some earlier news... which I am now reading up on. Not good news for a lot of people, it seems!

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/49015/starting-2016-asmod...


Nah, it'll be fine. Just means people shopping at huge discounts pay closer to what the rest of us pay when we go our FLGS that sells at MSRP.


Not quite. Buying online we're paying 25% less for FFG products now instead of 35%. Add in no upfront tax (5%+) and the up to 5% off for frequent buyer and still way cheaper than local.

Buying online = 40% less than MSRP (non FFG) and 30% less for FFG stuff
Buying local = 105% MSRP or more depending on local tax rate
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Berg von Linde
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
Waiting in line for RFTG: Alien Artifacts since 2010
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
23/12 dollars is still insanely cheap. Some of you americans complain waaay to much about prices imo devil
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Crikrunner wrote:
kelann08 wrote:
MVives wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, folks. I guess I missed some earlier news... which I am now reading up on. Not good news for a lot of people, it seems!

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/49015/starting-2016-asmod...


Nah, it'll be fine. Just means people shopping at huge discounts pay closer to what the rest of us pay when we go our FLGS that sells at MSRP.


Not quite. Buying online we're paying 25% less for FFG products now instead of 35%. Add in no upfront tax (5%+) and the up to 5% off for frequent buyer and still way cheaper than local.

Buying online = 40% less than MSRP (non FFG) and 30% less for FFG stuff
Buying local = 105% MSRP or more depending on local tax rate


Make a note, I did not say it would be MSRP. I said it would be closer to MSRP. 10% is still closer to MSRP.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wikiro Trio
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have an awesome FLGS so I wouldn't care too much about 4 or 5 bucks. If it's a bigger game or item then I usually ride the coolstuffinc/FLGS fence.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.