Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got some of the full art cards as promos. took me a few mins to realize what to do with them.

However Serena Lavaux and Astrid Wende I have no idea what to do with them.

They are private maids... now sure what that means, havent played yet but finished setup. Going to play a few rounds by myself (party isnt starting till friday) just to get the rules down.

Also I cant find beer stand. I reading through the rules now and cant find it.

Does the beer deck go face up or down? The rules tell me to do both

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dalin Sturgis
United States
California
flag msg tools
So private maids are a different type of card that's seen in the first two sets (basic and expanding the house). Once you employ a private maid, they typically have an ability that can be used once during your turn as well as victory points associated. For example, Serena gives an "emergency" two servings by returning her to the private maid pile. If you decide not to use this ability, in the end of the game, she is worth 2 victory points to you. I'm not sure if it's worth using the 2 private maids as you only have 2. Usually, you show 2 private maids and replace using the private maid deck as they are employed.

the beer stand card should be with the other beer cards.

For the beer deck, I read it as the top card is face up and the rest is face down. This way you will not be able to see what the next card is.

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Private Maids in the kickstarter are generally for use in the first 3 sets, or when using PMs from those sets WITH Oktoberfest.

Beer Stand is in the Beer Deck. The rules say that the beer deck goes face down, with a face up card NEXT to it (starting with the "Oktoberfest" card). When gaining a beer card, you may gain the face up card, or the top face down card of the beer deck. If you take the face up card, replace it with the top card of the beer deck.

The diagram on page 3 does say "(Face up)" on the beer deck, but I believe that's a typo from a previous playtest that wasn't caught. I've brought that up with JAG and they should be clarifying soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
is Astrid Wende and Serena Lavaux promo art from another set? Or are they only Oktoberfest Private maids? The rules say that it dosent come with Private maids, so I assume they are from... the base set maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are brand new, promos to add a little bit extra to the old games. They may be KS exclusive, I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffry Welfare
Australia
Guildford
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryyder wrote:
I believe they are brand new, promos to add a little bit extra to the old games. They may be KS exclusive, I'm not sure.

Seeing as Astrid's ability involves getting Beer cards she pretty much has to be new. And should only be used when using the Beer deck. Serena is also new but doesn't have any set specific abilities.

My understanding is nothing was specifically KS exclusive, just some of the promos are not given away in large numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they mentioned toward the end that a few promos would be KS exclusive. I was confused because toward the end they didn't give a good list of what promos were done at what levels just "We'll make another promo".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.