Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Byer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to admit that I've had this game since the week after International Tabletop Day this past year. I think it was Cardhaus that was having a big sale and I ordered a bunch of Tabletop Day exclusive items, the Tabletop Day Version of DMD being one of them. It was a blind buy at a deep discount. I think it was about $6-7 during the sale. I recall when it arrived thinking, oh wow this is small. I opened it up, flipped through the rule book and thought, meh...maybe I'll play this one day.

Well tonight after nearly 9 months was that day. Strangely enough while lying in bed I was looking over a list on BGG of iOS game apps and DMD was there. Now if I am to be honest, I totally forgot I even had the game but this jogged the old memory banks. I decided I had a few minutes to kill so hopped onto the App Store and downloaded the game. I did a quick tutorial and played my first game...followed by 9 more!

How addicting this game is! I was very surprised at just how much I enjoyed it and am equally disappointed now that it has taken so long for me to play. This little gem has just been collecting dust in my game closet for months. Well this weekend I'll be pulling it out, shining it up real nice and showing it off to my gamer buddies. I imagine it will be a nice quick filler or warm-up game for us. The only thing I wonder about is if we will use traits and special rules or just play it straight up. Does anyone have an opinion? I think it plays just fine using only the card abilities like in the app so far. Either way, I am very happy I stumbled upon that list tonight. Who knows how long this would have gone unplayed if not for that list.arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
It's a lot of fun and very addictive. I'd only play it with the basic rules though. The simpler the better for this kind of game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it all started with the app two years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Long
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've enjoyed playing Dead Man's Draw as a 2-player game, using only the card abilities, including the variant Mermaid card ability. Recommended as a quick and fun filler with attractive pirate-themed art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jiryfoe Man
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
open the heart
mbmbmbmbmb
Just like the theme of buried treasure!

Yes, this game is a timeless gem for new and old. An every person's game.

It belongs up with Sushi Go
as an accessible game for casual and hard core gamers alike.

Pushing your luck is always great fun for the current player and those watching.

I also played the ios version when I had an iPhone and am always checking the Play Store for Android for the beloved DMD app.

I ordered the kickstarter and Mayday Games customer service went above and beyond when my order somehow went missing.

This game is a filler, but how great it is!!!

I too prefer without traits. The Mermaid ability to re-play a previous ability, with the same value as other suits is my preferred way of using the beauties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Byer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a fantastic game! We played the aforementioned dust collecting physical copy last night and it went over great. Easy to teach in minutes, strategy involved yet quick to play and a lot of fun! We just played straight up with no traits. Though my buddy said he thought the traits would be fine. I just feel like they take something away from the game. I like it pure.
I was brainstorming and might go to a Hobby Lobby and pickup a small wooden chest to paint and store the game in. Then thought while I'm there, why not get some PiratearrrhGold to bet with. Then we decided we liked it enough to one night do a $5 buy in tournament amongst friends.

Needless to say, everyone including me is glad I remembered I had this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.