Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Ellis
Canada
Timberlea
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
First off, great game. My wife and I love playing.

However , we were wondering about the timing of the end of a challenge trigger for power cards and abilities.

When is the end of a challenge? Is it a specific time or a range of time from when the winner of the challenge is declared and the next challenge begins?

The last page of the rule book has a numbered sequence for a challenge. So I was wondering the community could use those numbers as a basis for the correct answer.

Thx.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Karat
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kibosh123 wrote:
First off, great game. My wife and I love playing.

However , we were wondering about the timing of the end of a challenge trigger for power cards and abilities.

When is the end of a challenge? Is it a specific time or a range of time from when the winner of the challenge is declared and the next challenge begins?

The last page of the rule book has a numbered sequence for a challenge. So I was wondering the community could use those numbers as a basis for the correct answer.

Thx.

I think it depends. If it is a reward for winning or losing the challenge, I would enact it in step 4:

"Any Creature abilities or Power cards that trigger from winning or losing the challenge may be used."

Otherwise, I would enact it sometime during steps 9-11. I'm not sure the rulebook states it precisely, so I'd have to use common sense to determine if it happens, say, before or after monsters are refreshed. If in doubt, I would lean towards doing it after.

If you are a "rules as written" sort of person, I would just do "after the challenge" effects after step 11 (unless they are win/lose awards, which are explicitly in step 4), but I suspect that there would be some odd examples that feel like they should be before that.

In other words, I don't think the rulebook is precise enough to solidly answer the question, but others might disagree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.