Venture was 26, now 25.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Gareth

Maryland
msg tools
Wait - what is the source / validity of this? Does this mean that they are rereleasing new versions of the Enterprise, Neghvar, and Scimitar?

What happens to the previously announced Wave 24: Devoras, Klothos, and Assimilated Vessel 77139? Also the Einstein that was supposed to be in Wave 25?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Source is distributor page, and then me posting it makes it pretty valid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Gareth

Maryland
msg tools
Okay, true - I should have noticed who you are.

Still, and idea what the implications are here as far as the direction of future releases? Are the previously announced expansions being scrapped or bumped? Are they changing focus from new entries to rebooting ships that were overpowered or too rare?

I suppose if it's just a shipping order, you probably don't have much more information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on getting more info, but it's not the fastest stuff to come out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not fully sure what this changes - Does it mean a few releases are being shuffled around?

Not really knowing what I'm looking at as the other expansions mentioned are earlier releases!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will these be new packs or just rereleases of the old ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
Will these be new packs or just rereleases of the old ones?

I know as much as I posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids realized we can't wait a moment longer than we need to before we get a retail Galaxy so pushed it's release up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
I think the Algeron and Drovana are expansions that people want to see. So moving them up is fine. The Klothos being in Limbo is bad for Klingon players. Though a possible re-release of the Negh'Var with new/different cards would be neat. Maybe the Klingons could have a flagship that doesn't have Meh text.

If they just re-release the same expansion (so just a new print run), I'm gonna be pissed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It must be a reprint, although it has a "wv24" or somesuch on it, it also doesn't have a release (?) date on it, so those earlier ones I'd presume are ones that have gone out of stock and been reprinted?

When I ordered some Armada fighter squadrons recently, the shop said "they're not released yet", but it was the release date on the new reprint. So maybe its a terminology thing between producer, distributor, retailer etc...

If they are re-releasing previous stuff that would be an interesting angle...

Probably totally wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris O
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
I think the Algeron and Drovana are expansions that people want to see. So moving them up is fine. The Klothos being in Limbo is bad for Klingon players. Though a possible re-release of the Negh'Var with new/different cards would be neat. Maybe the Klingons could have a flagship that doesn't have Meh text.

If they just re-release the same expansion (so just a new print run), I'm gonna be pissed.

Thanks Dave for the update. I'm happy to see the Algeron and Drovana pushed up, been waiting for them for too long already.

As for the Enterprise pack probably too much to hope that it's the Enterprise-C.

It'd be unfortunate/foolish if these are just re-releases of the same expansions, leaving those who already have them with expansions to pass on. Maybe new/updated models then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
A little off topic, but quickly does someone know why some Romulan ships are prefixed with RIS and others with IRW? Is it an Next-gen/TOS split?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Passby wrote:
A little off topic, but quickly does someone know why some Romulan ships are prefixed with RIS and others with IRW? Is it an Next-gen/TOS split?

The good old interweb provides possible answers:

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Romulan_nomenclature

IRW appears to be specific to particular ships "Warbirds", while RIS could be applied more widely to different classes of Romulan ships (including Warbirds it would appear)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shrouded In Mystery
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping we would get Sela with the Devoras (even though it was Mendak's ship). I hope we still get another Warbird at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:

+1 Agreed.

Very odd to re-release this way unless they are going to be new versions. I am very much hoping for a better Negh'var worthy of being the Klingon flagship!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been seeing all sorts of theories here and on Facebook about refits and different content and such, but none of them address the crucial question posed above: why these ships?

David posted on Facebook that Voyager, Koranak, and the Enterprise-E are scheduled for later months, and the two things I'm noticing about these six ships is that they're a) popular and b) the only member of their class. (With a minor exception or two, e.g. Voyager and Enterprise).
So I'm thinking this might just be the only way they could think of to retail-release these models with new paint jobs. (And quite possibly new content too.) Consider transparent Negh'vars, Remans, and Keldons, and (another) shiny Intrepid, shiny Sovereign, and shiny (and, god willing, normal-sized) Constitution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But haven't they reprinted/reissued ships before without them being tied to a particular wave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
kobold47 wrote:
I've been seeing all sorts of theories here and on Facebook about refits and different content and such, but none of them address the crucial question posed above: why these ships?

Enterprise
Enterprise-E
Voyager
Negh'var
Scimitar
Koranak

I honestly can't find a pattern. Every one of these expansions except for Voyager was already loaded in the first place as well. A redesign of these with new content seems bizarre.

My hope is that those refit theories pan out and these come with a lot of the retail PAV/Shield/Hull/whatever upgrades to muck with ship performance. I am honestly just expecting a re-release

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian B.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kobold47 wrote:

David posted on Facebook that Voyager, Koranak, and the Enterprise-E are scheduled for later months, and the two things I'm noticing about these six ships is that they're a) popular

This might also explain why they've been so hard to find in the past six months, especially Voyager since her last restock. (she has been going for $50+ on eBay)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maizrim wrote:
kobold47 wrote:

David posted on Facebook that Voyager, Koranak, and the Enterprise-E are scheduled for later months, and the two things I'm noticing about these six ships is that they're a) popular

This might also explain why they've been so hard to find in the past six months, especially Voyager since her last restock. (she has been going for $50+ on eBay)

I seem to remember that the USS Defiant was hard to come by in the months leading up to the release of the ISS Defiant, so you may be right.

So we know what the waves themselves are going to be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mathguy6189 wrote:

24 was
Assimilated Vessel 77139 Expansion Pack
I.K.S. Klothos Expansion Pack
I.R.W. Devoras Expansion Pack
25 was
Einstein Expansion Pack
I.R.W. Algeron Expansion Pack
I.K.S. Drovana Expansion Pack

They moved
I.R.W. Algeron Expansion Pack
I.K.S. Drovana Expansion Pack
from 25 to 24.

Venture was 26, now 25.

That is certainly weird. USS Enterprise could be the Enterprise A, B, or C (or I guess a commercial non starter D). If I had to pick, I'd go for the Ambassador Class. Negh'Var OK though we have it already so just a reprint? Why consider it a wave, why not just make more? The Vor'Cha would make more sense to issue commercially, it's the best Klingon ship overall. Same thing with the Scimitar?! Also the Venture is probably the Galaxy class, so why issue the D again?

Maybe this is monkeys throwing darts at a dartboard with ship names to decide on the releases?

It's also possible something bad is happening and WK is getting out a few ships they really want to issue before it happens. Hope not.

Really there are two ways WK could decide what to build next -- thematic needs (ships we really want to see) and game needs (what we really need or what a given faction really needs to be competitive). I don't think WK is doing either at the moment.

Thematically, I think we need the Enterprises A, B, and C (especially the last two) and the Sona ships. From a game perspective, it would be nice to have a smaller Romulan Warbird to fight in a group of 4 against the Enterprise C, larger Tholian ships (2 hull and 3 hull like Star Fleet Battles or STO ships), More Gorn ships, maybe the Galaxy X, maybe some STO ships (like the Odyssey and Vesta and more, etc.)

Perplexing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:

Thematically, I think we need the Enterprises A, B, and C (especially the last two) and the Sona ships.

I could see and A and C, but we don't really need to waste a spot in a wave on the B. Take a generic Excelsior and give it a generic captain, boom Enterprise B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:

Thematically, I think we need the Enterprises A, B, and C (especially the last two) and the Sona ships.

I could see and A and C, but we don't really need to waste a spot in a wave on the B. Take a generic Excelsior and give it a generic captain, boom Enterprise B.

No way. I want my Fat Kirk crew card that I can discard to prevent/repair critical damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, and for its ship ability what if it gets a discount on tech and weapon upgrades by starting the game with time tokens on them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |