Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: Changes to Wave 24/25 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anything it should be
"You may not deploy upgrades to this ship, unless it is Tuesday".
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:

Thematically, I think we need the Enterprises A, B, and C (especially the last two) and the Sona ships.

I could see and A and C, but we don't really need to waste a spot in a wave on the B. Take a generic Excelsior and give it a generic captain, boom Enterprise B.

The B seems to be a one of a kind ship with significant upgrades over the regular Excelsior (or else a lot of wasted shipbuilding). Plus Captain Harriman is one of my favorites from the Star Trek novels. He got short shrift in the movie but not in the books. I want the B (and I've posted a B in Variants).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shrouded In Mystery
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
carbon_dragon wrote:

Thematically, I think we need the Enterprises A, B, and C (especially the last two) and the Sona ships.

I could see and A and C, but we don't really need to waste a spot in a wave on the B. Take a generic Excelsior and give it a generic captain, boom Enterprise B.

The B seems to be a one of a kind ship with significant upgrades over the regular Excelsior (or else a lot of wasted shipbuilding). Plus Captain Harriman is one of my favorites from the Star Trek novels. He got short shrift in the movie but not in the books. I want the B (and I've posted a B in Variants).

They could also release the B as a card-only prize, like the T'Met. Personally I'd love card-only retail expansions at a discount (maybe $7). I can dream, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vela
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
Maybe the re-prints come with new improved time token torpedoes?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would guess that they've realised slightly better looking ships sell better so re-releasing the expansions and likely changing out the torpedo cards for time token ones in the process makes sense.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new retail starter with all 3 ships painted in the new scheme once the other retail Galaxy class comes out.



For us collectors all they need to do is throw in a few extra cards that do cool things for decent costs in each of the release packs and they'll likely have our money.



Seems like a win either way and here's hoping they can get the rights to the JJ Verse eventually since we're bound to see some cool ships in the upcoming movie... The "drone swarm" thing from the trailer is crazy. robot



Also now that I'll finally have the Kumari in my hands soon its time for them to get the Enterprise C out.... That expansion practically writes itself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Salisbury
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Actually in retail a lot of us have been crying out to be able to stock some of the more iconic ships from early waves.

When you get new players turning up to their first event they want the chance to buy ships they recognise. So this is exactly what the game needs, even though that may be unpopular with players who have been around since inception.

Dave Salisbury
Fan Boy Three
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
MaximumDT wrote:
I would guess that they've realised slightly better looking ships sell better so re-releasing the expansions and likely changing out the torpedo cards for time token ones in the process makes sense.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new retail starter with all 3 ships painted in the new scheme once the other retail Galaxy class comes out.



For us collectors all they need to do is throw in a few extra cards that do cool things for decent costs in each of the release packs and they'll likely have our money.



Seems like a win either way and here's hoping they can get the rights to the JJ Verse eventually since we're bound to see some cool ships in the upcoming movie... The "drone swarm" thing from the trailer is crazy. robot



Also now that I'll finally have the Kumari in my hands soon its time for them to get the Enterprise C out.... That expansion practically writes itself.


I agree as long as the old ships are not disallowed I dont have a problem with a new release. If they do a good paint job and do some new cards I'll most likely get one. I hope they dont make them must have killers so I'm forced to get one. But a pretty modified "improved" release would most likey be a win-win for all players. I would really like to see an Improved kirk give picard a run for his money....lol
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Liedtka
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
They could also include admiral versions of Pike (beep), Gowron, and Shinzon
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Bellamy
msg tools
They could make a usable version of Shinzon.

(beep)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Passby wrote:
A little off topic, but quickly does someone know why some Romulan ships are prefixed with RIS and others with IRW? Is it an Next-gen/TOS split?

Ships of the Empire's Romulan Star Navy are often registered with a name prefix. Around the 23rd century, most were registered with "ChR", short for "Ch'Rihan".

Vessels classified as warbirds sometimes bear the prefix "IRW" ("Imperial Romulan Warbird") or "PWB" ("Praetor's Warbird").

By the 24th century, many ships were classified as "RIS" ("Romulan Imperial Ship"), although the "RIS" and "IRW" designations are sometimes used interchangeably on warbird vessels.

Ships of the mirror universe Romulan Republic are named in much the same manner, but with the prefix "RSE".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Bellamy
msg tools

Any sign of Wave 24?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazaruss wrote:

Any sign of Wave 24?

Not until May
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
Defiant718 wrote:
They could also include admiral versions of Pike (beep), Gowron, and Shinzon

Captain Pike on one side and Admiral Pike in the life support chair on the other side. I have no idea whay his Fleet/Action text should say but the idea is funny as hell.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
South Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyVulcan wrote:
Defiant718 wrote:
They could also include admiral versions of Pike (beep), Gowron, and Shinzon

Captain Pike on one side and Admiral Pike in the life support chair on the other side. I have no idea whay his Fleet/Action text should say but the idea is funny as hell.

Place 3 (beep)s on this card at the start of the game. You may remove one (beep) to change one Action you've selected from your ships Action Bar freely per turn. When the last (beep) has been removed, discard this (beep)ing card.

Just for funsies?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hadrian132 wrote:
MaximumDT wrote:
I would guess that they've realised slightly better looking ships sell better so re-releasing the expansions and likely changing out the torpedo cards for time token ones in the process makes sense.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new retail starter with all 3 ships painted in the new scheme once the other retail Galaxy class comes out.



For us collectors all they need to do is throw in a few extra cards that do cool things for decent costs in each of the release packs and they'll likely have our money.



Seems like a win either way and here's hoping they can get the rights to the JJ Verse eventually since we're bound to see some cool ships in the upcoming movie... The "drone swarm" thing from the trailer is crazy. robot



Also now that I'll finally have the Kumari in my hands soon its time for them to get the Enterprise C out.... That expansion practically writes itself.


I agree as long as the old ships are not disallowed I dont have a problem with a new release. If they do a good paint job and do some new cards I'll most likely get one. I hope they dont make them must have killers so I'm forced to get one. But a pretty modified "improved" release would most likey be a win-win for all players. I would really like to see an Improved kirk give picard a run for his money....lol

Wow, that's a horrifying idea. Disallowing the old ship would kick me out of the non casual world. It's the reason I don't play Magic or Warhammer. That didn't even occur to me. Let's hope it doesn't happen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Peters
msg tools
EduSun Trebor wrote:
CrazyVulcan wrote:
Defiant718 wrote:
They could also include admiral versions of Pike (beep), Gowron, and Shinzon

Captain Pike on one side and Admiral Pike in the life support chair on the other side. I have no idea whay his Fleet/Action text should say but the idea is funny as hell.

Place 3 (beep)s on this card at the start of the game. You may remove one (beep) to change one Action you've selected from your ships Action Bar freely per turn. When the last (beep) has been removed, discard this (beep)ing card.

Just for funsies?

Ohhh wait, what about

Captain Pike
SP=4
CS=6
Talent=1
'At the start of the game place 3 Auxiliary Power Tokens on this card.

During the Movement Phase after you move you may place one Auxiliary Power Token and either one Evade, Scan, or Battlestations Token beside your ship as a free action.'

Admiral Pike
SP=4
CS +1
Talent=1
'At the start of the game place 3 Auxiliary Power Tokens on this card

During the Movement Phase you may remove one Auxiliary Power Token and place it beside one of your ships along with a Evade, Scan, or Battlestations Token as a free Action. '

That would be a cool card to have and I think it is well balanced.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |