Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A question was raised about whether the game could be produced in colour.

I had originally planned to do this game in colour. The Crew Dice stations would have been blue (MED/ SCI), red (SEC/ SCI) and gold (COM), both on the cards and the board. The cards themselves were to be distinct colours (maybe yellow events, green development and purple missions). The cards were to have Trek-styled borders.

The board too was originally due to be in colour, perhaps featuring a starscape background.

I reconsidered this approach though, for a couple of reasons.

I wanted barrier to entry to be low to maximise the number of people who might be willing to give the game a try. That meant low printer ink usage. The graphic design was created accordingly, intended to allow anyone to print out a copy for minimal cost.

Another consideration was that the game had been playtested, but not by a large group of people. I suspect there are likely to be a couple of tweaks required to game components over the next few months before I settle on a "final" version of the game. No-one wants to use loads of ink printing out a game only to find that the next version has been released that requires half the components be reprinted.

Depending on feedback and demand I may well create a sexy full colour version, perhaps with links to Artscow decks and the like. But I think I'll wait a bit to see if demand warrants it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounds like a very sensible way to go, I think. An ArtsCow deck or two would be great once you've settled on the final design/layout of all the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see this in color!!!! Since you already have a printer friendly version, please create a color version for those of us who want to print in color!

You should always give the choice of both version anyway IMHO!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Volpe
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's perfectly fine to have an"almost final" low ink version and a "final" colour version to be released when the game it's complete. For me, that shows your consideration for us PnP'ers.

Count me as a +1 waiting for the colour version.
If/when you'll go full colour, please include a PDF version of your game besides the Artscow deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mason Weaver
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
fivebygames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like a low-ink but color version. Maybe just the outlines of sections in color?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Boadilla del Monte
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish someone dedicares time to improve in full colour this little jewel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A standard edition in with a printer friendly design and a later deluxe edition with colour?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the plan David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
novato novato
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dammit, Jim! we need a sexy full color version devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Prebble
United Kingdom
Herne Bay
Coastal Leisure Town
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh colour would be nice but i fully understand your reasoning behind the B&W approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The colour version is now under construction...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
... construction complete, now time for a lie down :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
novato novato
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
done!
already played 3 times with colored cards, stuck on 4th game, so question on rules

nice game, nice cards, thank you thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.