10 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Deck boxes for FFG sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Knut Högvall
msg tools
mbmbmb
Are there any deck boxes out there, apart from FFG's own, that accommodate FFG sleeves? I realised they don't fit in an UltraPro box, so I was just wondering. The FFG boxes aren't easy to come by around where I live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using Ultra Pro's 180 card boxes for 2 years and they hold 2 decks no problem (2 encounters a player and encounter, or 2 players)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knut Högvall
msg tools
mbmbmb
Sleeved in FFG sleeves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmb
I use these things:

They work just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captainknut wrote:
Sleeved in FFG sleeves?

Yep all FFG clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knut Högvall
msg tools
mbmbmb
Okay, so Ultra Pro boxes are not all the same size? Because I bought a clear plastic Ultra Pro box two days ago, and my FFG sleeves most definitely do NOT fit in it.

Edit: Looking closer at the box, I see that its walls aren't actually completely parallel to each other. Each wall is wedge-shaped, so that the area of the bottom is slightly smaller than the opening. The cards juuuuust fit nicely into the opening, and then when they have come halfway down, they get stuck between the inward-sloping walls, and are almost totally impossible to get out again, short of breaking the goddamn box in pieces.

I'll try those cardboard-looking thingies instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know which ones your talking about but I use these

which work great.

I wonder if it's a defect. Those are designed for standard size cards (which should cover any CCG/LCG, sleeved or not).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knut Högvall
msg tools
mbmbmb
This one. Does not fit FFG sleeves.

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=647
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captainknut wrote:

Yeah that one looks like it would be problematic, less a deck box than a storage box though, IMO. Either of the ones Sam or I listed work fi e (and are reasonably priced. I actually really like the 180 because it will hold one or two encounter decks and my player deck (solo, one hand) so all I need is it and my plano of tokens and I'm on the go. Sorry you got burned with that one. I don't have any experience with FFG's dek boxes but they look real sturdy (and cost me $4 mor and hold less than the pro-dual 180).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Keegan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
captainknut wrote:
That size may not, but the 200 card box does <http://www.ultrapro.com/product_info.php?products_id=649>; - just stack the cards the other way. If the box is full the lid will sit about 1mm above the base though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.