Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Mo
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Carson City Big Box package arrived yesterday (very excited). This is one full box, even before anything is punched. From a storage/organization standpoint, it sort of reminded me of Caverna with its box size and all the different meeples and tiles. It was sort of overwhelming so I was so happy to discover the BGG community really had some great, low cost storage solutions (I ended up using a couple plano boxes).

Back to CCBB, I did see that there are a lot of plastic bags provided in the box. Browsing the forum, I see that others were able to squeeze everything back in so I should be able to punch the cardboard and start playing with the confidence that I can put the game back its box. Plastic bags certainly work but my preference would be something a bit more elegant. Since my experience with using plastic containers for tiles/meeples is pretty limited, I was hoping others may have already tackled this.

Are there any boardgame storage gurus who have the Carson City Big Box and have thoughts/suggestions of their solutions to share? Photos, links and part numbers are definitely encouraged.

Cheers,
Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably be making a foamcore insert for it soon. It definitely is a lot of stuff, not sure how I'll fit it all in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried doing my usual "bits in dollar store plastic containers" solution, and found there wasn't enough room (they were too tall), so I bought some new slimmer plastic containers that will hopefully be able to hold the player tiles and player pieces. I will post a pic when I am done. Other than that, you don't have to keep the horse or revolver tiles in the box since you have the wooden bits. I am choosing to keep the mountain tiles, red house tiles, and duel tiles in the box for now, but those might be kept separately as well once I get a few games in a figure out how I will use them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you guys get shipping notifications emails for your copy of Carson City?

I'm also wondering if you have contact info for the company shipping this out for US buyers in case I need to contact them in a couple weeks after no sign of my game. I was one of the late backers who paid through crowdox rather than kickstarter and I've been having a lot of problems lately with not receiving items from game companies.

I'm probably just being paranoid and it will all turn out fine. Was it Gamesurplus in Canada that's handling the North American distribution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Stegmaier
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troybowers wrote:

I'm also wondering if you have contact info for the company shipping this out for US buyers in case I need to contact them in a couple weeks after no sign of my game. I was one of the late backers who paid through crowdox rather than kickstarter and I've been having a lot of problems lately with not receiving items from game companies.

I'm probably just being paranoid and it will all turn out fine. Was it Gamesurplus in Canada that's handling the North American distribution?

Yes. I am in the US. And I received a UPS shipping notification, because I have a basic account with UPS. Dont think I got a notice from Gamesurplus. Mine came out of PA.

If you dont receive yours in the net week or so, contact company through KS or company website

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
mbmbmbmbmb
troybowers wrote:

I think there's another thread for this discussion:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1483600/arrived-today

Can we keep this thread on topic of storage solutions please? I'm also looking forward to seeing if anyone has come up with anything storagewise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mo
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While browsing through the photo gallery, I found this image which shows the use of cups by user: floppi. I haven't seen cups with covers like these before to store a game but it looks nice and organized.

Cheers to:
Jo
Germany
Pyrbaum
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LarryWithOneL wrote:
While browsing through the photo gallery, I found this image which shows the use of cups by user: floppi. I haven't seen cups with covers like these before to store a game but it looks nice and organized.

Cheers to:
Jo
Germany
Pyrbaum
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Jewelry containers - Hobby lobby has them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orion A
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure we'll see inserts from Broken Token or one of the other instep makers. BT is already involved with the CCBB by providing the metal coins. Hopefully they're working on an insert!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Although I don't own a copy of the Big Box, I do have a copy of Carson City with Carson City: Gold & Guns sharing the base game's box. I started, but have yet to finish, making tuck boxes for the bits similar to the ones I made for my train bits for my copy of Railroad Tycoon:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troybowers wrote:

Nope. But mine arrived on...Wednesday?

troybowers wrote:
I was one of the late backers who paid through crowdox rather than kickstarter and I've been having a lot of problems lately with not receiving items from game companies.

I paid through CrowdOx too, after the fact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it today. No shipping notification, but its here and I'm currently searching for a plano that'll work. If I find one I'll post the model number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alenen wrote:
Can we keep this thread on topic of storage solutions please? I'm also looking forward to seeing if anyone has come up with anything storagewise.

PLEASE!

There are enough "I got mine" and "did you get yours" threads going on. Let's keep this one on topic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Quicho
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my storage solution (which was more or less the same for the previous edition):

Everything (sans cardboard money and revolvers) in the box allows cover to close completely.

Left(wooden houses) container from Diaso, right(cardboard houses and mountains) from Michaels I think.

10-Compartment Two Sided Storage Box from The Container Store

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have everything individually bagged (for the moment), but would LOVE to see The Broken Token (or a competitor) make an insert for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cinderbike wrote:
I have everything individually bagged (for the moment), but would LOVE to see The Broken Token (or a competitor) make an insert for this game.

AMEN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Jossi
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I spent some time last night getting mine all sorted out. I DO NOT have the big box first off, I have the base game and both expansions + kick starter goals. So far it has taken up all 3 boxes.

In the first base game box I a Plano box holding all of the base game tiles and components + 6th player, colored duel dice, player tokens from 2nd exp (gavel, dinamite, ect..) Also put in wooden guns, all roles, new buildings from 2nd exp and all player parcel markers next to the plano. Then placed game board, rules and player aids on top. It all fit nicely in the box.

2nd exp box has all other tokens and modular expansions: Horses and all tokens that go with them, same for the bandits, Wooden houses and mountains, upgraded property tiles/Town houses, ect.

3rd exp box holds those awesome player boards from kick starter (which take up a ton of space)New beginning expansion pad, 2nd/ 3rd exp. rule-books. And other not used player sheets.

All and all they fit in really well.

Looking at it all I had the thought of creating a single wooden box to hold them all together.(think the wood box for Vitaculte and Tuscany)

I am hesitant to go to a single box solution to put it all into. Simply because I enjoy the art work on the boxes so much.

Anywho, that is what i have done so far. In case those in the same boat as me are wondering.

*Tips his Hat*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Stear
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got everything into a plano 3600, except for one baggie of the cardboard money (I did get the metal money, it's in the plano) and another baggie with the cardboard round marker and horses.

Then the rules all go on top, and the box closes completely.

I should clarify, by "everything" is in the plano, I mean all the smaller bits....the property tiles, river tiles, and character cards are under the plano, on top of the boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D G
msg tools
When I received my CCBB game, I immediately noticed the Caverna sized box.
I recently bought a Caverna insert from The Meeple Realty and tried my CCBB stuff in it. With some creative arrangement, this insert will work great. Its a really a decent product and hard to beat for the money compared to other Caverna inserts I've seen that might suffice as well.

Here's the link if interested:
http://www.meeplerealty.com/store/p38/The_Man_Cave_%28_compa...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United States
Richmond
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daav817 wrote:
When I received my CCBB game, I immediately noticed the Caverna sized box.
I recently bought a Caverna insert from The Meeple Realty and tried my CCBB stuff in it. With some creative arrangement, this insert will work great. Its a really a decent product and hard to beat for the money compared to other Caverna inserts I've seen that might suffice as well.

Here's the link if interested:
http://www.meeplerealty.com/store/p38/The_Man_Cave_%28_compa...

care to post picks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Wade
United States
Alabaster
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would love to see some pics too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sat down this weekend and made a foamcore insert. Unfortunately my camera skills with a phone are subpar and 7 of my images were rejected.

This is an image with the manuals and board removed. You can see that the tray at the top with the horses is taller than the others. That way the board fits snuggly in the insert.

Underneath the pad are two trays. One contains the separated player components. The other is used during play that contains money and roads.

<image removed>
The middle part of the insert had two trays. The top one contains pieces needed for setup: roles, mountains (tiles and bling), house tiles, building tiles, and a spot for the tokens, dice, and sheriff.

The tray underneath contains some expansion items. River tiles, rodeo tokens, dynamite, and outlaws.

The top part of the insert has a tray with horse tokens and gun tiles. There just wasn't enough room in the tray so the horse chits are split between the two.

Underneath is a tray used during gameplay. It contains the house pieces and another well for the gun pieces and gun chits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
GeorgeOP wrote:
I sat down this weekend and made a foamcore insert. Unfortunately my camera skills with a phone are subpar and 7 of my images were rejected.

Wow! That looks absolutely great!

Note: You can always upload photos to your personal gallery (on BGG, under "My Geek", "Gallery") regardless of quality or any other criteria and then reference them in your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Kendl
United States
Hartford
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, didn't know that. Here are all of the pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Mo
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian, thanks for following up with the additional photos. I think I may be taking on my first foam core project, this looks really neat and organized.

[Edited with question and link to the "BIG" list of foam core inserts]
Quick (likely dumb) question: what thickness of foam core did you use and how many sheets (I think in the US they come in 11"x8.5")?

Here is a link to the big list of foam core inserts that you should add your Carson City insert to if you haven't already Foam core insert modifications.

[Edited again: Updating my post after doing more research about foam core]
I think I answered my question about the sheet size of foam core after watching a foam core video from The Esoteric Order of Games (orderofgamers.com). Looks like I would order a large one and cut as I go. I was thinking of foam board which is different stuff and comes in the smaller size. Who knew.

[Edit #3, fixed the link to the Geeklist - I did a link to a thread by mistake, thanks Brad]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.