Popular Tags: [View All]
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, it seems like there are several upgrades in Dreadmire over Onslaught. If I were to get rid of my KS Onslaught, what would I be missing out on?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The only thing "upgraded" from Onslaught is the Ranger card.

If you got rid of Onslaught you'd be missing out on all the Troops from Onslaught: Field Medic, Paratrooper, Storm Trooper, Ajax, Defender, and Hyperion.

You'd be losing the 24 Items unique to Onslaught.

And lastly you'd be losing all the Hive enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
So, it seems like there are several upgrades in Dreadmire over Onslaught. If I were to get rid of my KS Onslaught, what would I be missing out on?

I highly recommend you getting rid of your KS copy, and selling it to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Jackson
Australia
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm a bit unsure about keeping onslaught too, I get that they can mix, but I'm not sold on that they should, at least not many of them.
None of the troops, weapons or hive cards will do anything with the new weather, so the more onslaught cards you bring on to dreadmire, the less likely it is for the weather to effect your game.

I probably will just pick and choose my favourites to mix in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Weather Cards are only used when playing against The Brood specifically.

Also, no Troops interact with weather at all, only select Items, noting that these Items are specifically usable without the weather as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abdelrhaman Mohamed
United Arab Emirates
Dubai
DXB
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cool,

Well if the game designer says u be missing out on a lot them he knows better, hopefully maybe they have other thing in stored in how to better use both games together

And please Michael next KS Rum n Bones season 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hong Tai Lee
msg tools
I thought it might be good to put this in this thread, but is it seriously true that the "This may be used against reveal effects" rule is going to be completely abolished going forward?

Is it going to be removed from Onslaught, or is it only for Dreadmire - or now Immolation? I know effectively it really only affects troop deployment (Paratrooper, Stealth Suit), but wouldn't that just make it a bit too easy? (Especially for Onslaught)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shinall
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how removing that would make anything easier- please do remember that killing the enemy will NOT stop the effect from triggering unless the card specifically states it does so.

In the end there is very little mechanical change with this being in effect. You Flip a Prowler (Reveal: Deal 3 Damage to the first Troop in this lane) and Hi-Ex it, the effect is still happening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Osborne
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It'll have some effect. If the reveal effect will destroy the front lane troop who has the ability (or an item with an ability) to destroy the source of the effect with the old rules the troop (and items) will be destroyed and the thing with the reveal effect won't. With the new rules BOTH the troop/item AND the source of the reveal effect get destroyed.

So it is the difference between being able to go out in a blaze of glory and saving your fellow NorTech employees (who will see to it your family gets an extra food credit for one week per year of service!), vs. just being slaughtered...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
Can I house rule to keep the old rangers and mix them with new ones I like the art for both of them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
OCD with the Letters in the Right Order!
badge
Squirrel Chaser
mbmbmbmbmb
Can everything be mixed together otherwise? I hadn't played my Onslaught copy yet and I have set aside the cards mentioned in the rulebook and the duplicate money cards. (Does having twice the money have any value?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More money = more players possible -- the 5/6 player expansions included a bunch of money cards, as well as more militia. I think that's about it, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.