Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone played an advance copy and has any commentary as to how this game would change when only played with two players? I understand the positive interaction intended with a player count of 3-5, but is it a stretch to see it fall apart at only two?

I'm really interested in this and T.C. Petty III's other titles, but I typically play only with two players on a regular basis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TC Petty III
United States
Carlisle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
XENON PROFITEER 2015!
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly not a stretch, but probably a "stretch." If you get my meaning.

Yeah, no secrets. One of the planned stretch goals is to add the 2-player variant to the main game. The reason it's a stretch is because it has received less testing than the 3-5 player version, and requires a few extra components.

I'll release a little more of a description on the Kickstarter page, but the main challenge is how you described it, simulating player interaction without having other players. My solution adds one elegant extra step to Preparing the board each round by drawing from a stack of tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is above and beyond what I anticipated here! Rest assured, I'm not trying to rain on the positive player interaction parade, I'm just being realistic based on my own typical "game group" experience.

Quote:
one elegant extra step

"Use this one elegant extra step, NEVER game with 3+ players AGAIN!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.