United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday is seeking input from any interested "Geeks" out there for a possible small add-on for the game. We need to keep to the spirit of the app but something simple/small that doesn't change gameplay too much would be something for us to consider.

We have come up with the idea of a single "wild" card to be included with each copy of the game. This card could be shuffled into the bottom 5-10 cards as a "sudden death" early ending of the game, or it could be used to let a player have some special ability when it comes up, or allow them to draw one card that would normally make them bust, without going bust. We would just include this extra bonus card and leave it to the fans to make it any rule they wanted really.

Any other ideas for add ons or wild-card variants are encourage here, we aren't promising we will do any of them, but we are considering it and would love to hear your input!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
She's such a Geek
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something exclusive. Cards are always awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D W
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
My game group and I love DMD! Its a great down time game and get pulled out often when we have a few mins to spare. I have been thinking that I might sit down some time and make a solo version of some sort. I am not sure if the game could be solo"ised". But maybe an alternative game played with the cards made to be solo would work as an almost free to produce addition to the game as a stretch goal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray R.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned this in a KS comment already, but I'd like ALL suits to have cards from 2-9 (as in one of the PnP versions). We like to play with the Mermaid suit ability so we use 2-7 of those instead of 4-9. It would be fun to be able to pick another suit to fill in as the "it's just worth more" suit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Halliwell
msg tools
Two thoughts I have here.

1: what Ray says about the mermaid ability. I agree - kinda. Have all suits just go 2-7, and give Mermaids an active ability rather than the passive one they have (say, 'lure' an opponent's card from their bank to yours, or switch a card from your bank with one of the same suit in your opponent's bank).

However, the 4-9 passive ability doesn't go away completely. Before a game starts, shuffle the 2-cards and turn over the top one. That suit gets the 4-9 ability, at the EXPENSE of its normal ability being nerfed. So, I dunno, let's say this for argument's sake...:

• Cannons cause an opponent to discard a card of THEIR choice, not yours.
• Anchors protect all cards drawn so far, EXCEPT the one right before it. So if you draw an Anchor second, you still discard everything if you bust.
• The Kraken, being a de facto antagonist suit, levels up, and makes you play the two cards from the river WITHOUT THEIR ABILITIES ACTIVATING. So if you pull a Hook, tough tit - you can't play from your bank.
• Hooks let you play a card from your bank for its effect, but you must then DISCARD either the hook OR the card from your bank - whichever is higher.
• Key-Chest combos with either one of them nerfed only give a couple of cards max (the chest is cracked, and someone's already ransacked it - heh, sounds like my workplace).
• Swords allow you to take a card still, but only if your opponent has no Swords in their bank.
• Oracles let you see the next card, but you shuffle the river afterwards, so it only tells you that a specific card is still up for grabs.
• Maps only let you pull one card from the discards. If you pull another Map - once again, hard boobies.
• And finally, Mermaids only let you switch cards with your opponent if the highest card they have in a target suit is a 5 or lower.

(Say, that's not bad for 5:30 in the morning after an insomniac night in which Orlando lost in OT. AGAIN.)

2: I'm actually surprised you haven't done these already.

ACTUAL PHYSICAL TRAIT GEMS.

18 gems in a drawstring bag, and players draw one or two at random to determine which traits they have. I WOULD BUY THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF THEM, DAMMIT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.